Candling questions- Great Update :)

eestep8

Songster
10 Years
Feb 15, 2009
SW Ohio
On day 3-4 we candled using a led booklight, and 6 eggs had a dot and veins. Now on day 7 theres just a big dark area in about half the egg. Is this normal or did something go wrong? Do we need a better light? I am so worried.

Last edited:
Sound pretty normal to me as well, though I usually don't see a big blob until after day 10. However, if your light isn't very strong, then you might not be able to see the detail. Certainly, if there is more "stuff" in there since the last candling, then it is good news!

Today is day 12 for mine and this is my first attempt at hatching from my home made bator and I have to tell everyone that there is NOTHING that has ever frustrated me more than candling these eggs. For my first hatch attempt I should have used ALL WHITE EGGS. I'm getting so restless that I just don't quite know how I will make it through another week of this. I'm almost anticipating the freedom of day 18 when I can just close the thing up and pour water in from the outside and let it be. All I can see are blobs right now and it gets worse as batteries in my flashlight get weaker.

Got my grandpa's candler, it OLD lol. My mom is in her 40's and they used it when she was little!

I will post an update tonight.

We Have bouncing BABIES
wee.gif

We candled 6 out of 24 with a candler and all 6 were moving around like crazy.

I was turning the eggs in the incubator when I noticed one of the eggs in the hatcher wiggling
th.gif

wee.gif
love.gif
ya.gif
love.gif
wee.gif
celebrate.gif

We saw babies 'swimming' around yesterday when we candled. My soon-to-be DIL said, " God ! No wonder they are exhausted when they hatch !"

lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom