Candling Wild Bird egg, what the heck is this?PLEASE HELP

Do you think this is a forming embryo or just yoke?

• Embryo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Just yoke

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • I don’t know

• Wait a few more days

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • It’s not going to hatch

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes I’m in the US. Sorry for getting defensive. I’ve had a lot of criticism on forums so I suppose I just have my back up. Anyway, I’m not certain of the egg totally but I just thought we’d incubate it and give it a go. Sorry again.
It's ok, I know you were just trying to help. Maybe you could take the egg to a rescue?
I don't want you to get pinched for having it and get in trouble is all.

I come here to ask a question, didn’t even get answered. I should have never even asked a question because everything I do is illegal. Next thing I know I’ll be fined for breathing a certain way. Sorry everyone. Maybe I shouldn’t even live then.

I believe that's a killdeer egg, does it look like this?
Anyways, they lay their eggs in dumb places. The mother usually builds a small clutch from 2-4 eggs. If you get too close she'll act like she's injured and lure you away. I see them all the time.
Not a very good pet, though. I can't see them being very loyal lol
This is a clutch I almost ran over with my truck while I was picking rocks from they Hayfield this week 💀

Attachments

• IMG_20210501_201007723.jpg
    IMG_20210501_201007723.jpg
    471.7 KB · Views: 3
Yes I see that now. I’ll do my best.
Don’t get me wrong, I’m not on a moral high horse or anything; I understand the urge to want to help. I would too. I had to look this up to be certain. I tried to help a baby bird once, and the wildlife official people told me to leave it and let the mother take care of it from the ground. It ultimately died but unfortunately this is just nature. Sad but it is what it is....

I come here to ask a question, didn’t even get answered. I should have never even asked a question because everything I do is illegal. Next thing I know I’ll be fined for breathing a certain way. Sorry everyone. Maybe I shouldn’t even live then.
Now now, you did get answers. The egg is too young to candle and quite possibly will never develop because of the crack.

Unfortunately almost anything to do with wildlife is illegal now, even collecting feathers.

Aww, I'm sorry you felt offended. The lack of body language and tone of voice, etc. online make it easy for messages to come across as blunt or rude, but they were probably just trying to share information in a very direct way and didn't think of the possibility of being interpreted as condescending. Please don't take it personally or feel bad about yourself. :hugs Wild birds and their eggs are fascinating, and I know if I found wild bird eggs I would be very tempted to candle and hatch them too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom