Canker treatments

How do you know how much to give? If she weighs 2 kg she can have 100 mg twice a day, but I'm guessing that you have no way of knowing how much 100 mg is, right?
I don't know. My mom does it all. Ha ha no, I don't. I can find out though.

ACV is about as good as DE.
Neither one are "cure alls."
Ok thanks.

Not likely... Any bacteria that can produce that amount of pus will need antibiotics.
Okay.

I don't know. My mom does it all. Ha ha no, I don't. I can find out though.
We must know exactly what your mom has been doing. If your hens do have canker it's quite possible that she has not been giving the medication correctly.

Do you even know if she's been getting medication orally or in the water?

We must know exactly what your mom has been doing. If your hens do have canker it's quite possible that she has not been giving the medication correctly.

Do you even know if she's been getting medication orally or in the water?
I'll find out when I get back home and tell you right away.

She puts it in the water. Like I said above, I'll find out everything when I get back home.

That's interesting. Why not? Should she feed it to the hen just by the pill? (I'm pretty sure it comes in a pill)
Each chicken must get a certain amount of medication based on how much they weigh. When your mom puts it in the water, how many mg of medication does she put in it? Then how much of that water does the hen drink? Sick birds drink much less, and metronidazole is very bitter, which will make them drink even less. Does that make sense?

Just because you are putting it in the water does not mean that the sick birds are getting it.

Each chicken must get a certain amount of medication based on how much they weigh. When your mom puts it in the water, how many mg of medication does she put in it? Then how much of that water does the hen drink? Sick birds drink much less, and metronidazole is very bitter, which will make them drink even less. Does that make sense?
I'll find out when I get home, okay?

Back
Top Bottom