cannabilism

wantbantams

Chirping
7 Years
Apr 14, 2012
I came home from work yesterday to find my bantam "Pirate" dead under the coop. The other chickens were eating her. I looked into the coop and saw that they had eaten all of their food while I was gone. I thought that there was plenty of food there. So now I am asking myself. Was she killed by a hawk and my chickens then pulled her under the coop and ate her. OR did they peck her and kill her. When I found her she was missing her head but her bottom beak. Then her neck bone was there and all of her innards were cleaned out, but the rest of the carcass was present and still had feathers. It was like just the top part of her was missing. I am concerned because I am afraid to leave them alone now. What can I do to prevent this in the future? Anybody have experience with this or advice? Thanks!

I had to take the day off of work today because my son is sick. I went out to check on the chickens and I saw the evil creature that killed one of my dear bird friends. The bird of Prey had the nerve to be under my coop eating what was left of her that I couldn't get out. Not happy about that, but I did scare it away. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom