1 can chicken broth
2 cans chopped green chilies
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon oregano
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper

Directions.

Saute chicken, onions, and garlic in oil. add remaining ingredients and simmer for 30 minutes. Before serving add 1 cup sour cream and 1/2 cup whipping cream.

Yes want the recipe
White Chili

1 Lb boneless skinless Chicken or any meat
1 Medium Onion, Chopped.
Garlic (To taste)
1 Tablespoon Oil
2 cans great northern beans
1 can chicken broth
2 cans chopped green chilies
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon oregano
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper

Directions.

Saute chicken, onions, and garlic in oil. add remaining ingredients and simmer for 30 minutes. Before serving add 1 cup sour cream and 1/2 cup whipping cream.
OH that is awesome... Thank you

I made Banana Butter last night. The recipe yield was (7) half-pints. I got the recipe off the Sufficient Self sister-site thread for canning.
I used my immersion blender to mash the bananas - it might be a touch better with a basic mash on the bananas so there are more chunks. Mine was pretty thin and smooth after blending it, with just a couple of chunks left. It thickened up nicely while cooking it though, so I will see how it is when I use it. It tasted wonderful as I was bringing it to a boil - then I remembered the cherries I had diced and were sitting in the fridge. I added them as it was beginning to boil and didn't taste it with the cherries because it was boiling and it was getting late so I was focused on getting it in the jars and processed. I almost skipped the cherries because it was so good without.

Banana Butter
1/2 c. lemon juice
3 cups sugar
1 teaspoon butter
1/2 c. Marashino Cherries, diced small
3 1/2 pounds ripe Bananas - mashed
Mix together and bring to rolling boil. Boil for 20 minutes.
Fill 1/2 pint jars - leaving 1/8" head space. Process for 10 minutes.

I'm not sure what I am going to do with it, lol. I don't eat alot of bananas except in my cereal. I think it will be good as a filling in cupcakes or between layers in a "stack" cake (as my grandma called it). On ice cram with mini-chocolate chips for a banana split.
"Use as:
An accompyniment to ham or chicken.
Mix with a little barbeque sauce as and baste of meat.
On toast,pancakes, waffles, ice cream, cereal
Use your imagination! "

DH actually tried the Banana Butter last night when I asked him to. :th Maybe my boy is growing up, lol. He didn't like it - said he has never liked cooked banana; like banana bread or anything like that.
My mom always made Banana Cake with Peanut Butter frosting. That may be a good use for this Banana Butter, if I get desperate to use it up for some reason.

Editted to add: The cherries didn't improve the flavor at all, just made it a weird pinkish color. So I will be skipping the cherries from now on.

Back
Top Bottom