Canning and Home preserving

Pics
But Deb, we don’t hunt for meat - we grow or buy it - just like everyone else in the world (btw - Tarzan ain’t reality :p ). Bush meat is a delicacy in some countries but rarely consumed by the majority.

This is where I shop, as an example of modern Africa - https://tworivers.co.ke/
I know... I know... Sad in some ways and Good in others. I just thought you would know some of the history.

deb

Have some pork pie and a chaser of Gin... Maybe your memory will come back.... LOL

It wasn't confidence it was hope. Just curious why did you choose Africa...

deb
Gin is sorted - pork pies not so much.
Since the age of 12 I always wanted to live in Africa. Blame it on David Attenborough - natural history is amazing :)

Last edited:
But Deb, we don’t hunt for meat - we grow or buy it - just like everyone else in the world (btw - Tarzan ain’t reality :p ). Bush meat is a delicacy in some countries but rarely consumed by the majority.

This is where I shop, as an example of modern Africa - https://tworivers.co.ke/

may i ask what is bush meat? what animals are considered bush meat?

but not going to lie i like wild meat just as much as domestic. if not better in some cases. (thinking moose)

call me crazy but i really want to get a bear this spring and can the meat think it would be great (and deals with the trichinosis issue) as the bear i shot this last spring tasted like beef mixed with pork. and no game taste what so ever.

may i ask what is bush meat? what animals are considered bush meat?

but not going to lie i like wild meat just as much as domestic. if not better in some cases. (thinking moose)

call me crazy but i really want to get a bear this spring and can the meat think it would be great (and deals with the trichinosis issue) as the bear i shot this last spring tasted like beef mixed with pork. and no game taste what so ever.
Bush meat relates to non-domestic animals. It can be smoked rat, snake and all the way up to primates.

It’s more of a West / Central African thing, as opposed to East African. It’s normally illegal as we don’t have the level of control that you may have over there in terms of harvesting animals. The mass destruction of species began with European colonials, though today population increases and land rights issues are more of an issue, from my observations.

Things are more complex than my description, but that’s the general gist.

Back
Top Bottom