CANNOT ID CHICKEN

Throwing this out there.......
Have you asked your TSC where they get their chicks?
If so have you gone through their website to look for similar birds?
Now knowing you got the bird from TSC ?i agree with @Gray Farms that it is an "Asia Black".

I was actually planning on calling them today... I needed to figure out the exact day I picked them up. Thats greas advice ill let you know if I get lucky! Hopefully they keep good documentation

I was actually planning on calling them today... I needed to figure out the exact day I picked them up. Thats greas advice ill let you know if I get lucky! Hopefully they keep good documentation

Most TSC stores buy from Hoovers. Some from townline. It should be pretty easy.

By the way....I don't see anything saying that is a male yet. It is just 8 weeks old so that could change. For now I will say it is a pullet.

0763C8D8-0009-4EE0-8FB7-C3D21587C80B.jpeg

:idunno I think boy.

I saw a website for TSC listing Hoover hatchery about black birds, I think were the Asia Black. I closed the tab and can't find it again.

Throwing this out there.......
Have you asked your TSC where they get their chicks?
If so have you gone through their website to look for similar birds?
Now knowing you got the bird from TSC ?i agree with @Gray Farms that it is an "Asia Black".
I just spoke with the tractor supply corporate office and the lady there is going to connect me with the hatchery, Hoover Hatchery. I sent her the photos that I posted here and she will pass them on to the hatchery and they hopefully will get back to me within a few days!

The 5 toes and dark skin makes me think Silkie hybrid.

Do a search here on BYC for Southern Ramblers. Apparently a few people have bought them from different TSC's. They are a Silkie hybrid of some sort.

Back
Top Bottom