Can't afford to donate money this year, so I improvised!

ranchhand

Rest in Peace 1956-2011
11 Years
Aug 25, 2008
SC
Much too broke to send money, but I do like to donate! So, this years donation?

12 inches of hair to Locks of Love:

14937_hair_today_gone_today.jpg

Washed, conditioned and then handed DH the scissors! It's not dry yet, but it will be blonder, then I'll ship it to them.

I feel sooooo lightheaded!
wee.gif
And knowing that someone will have a nice wig with my hair in it is a very heartwarming and priceless thought!

Last edited:
clap.gif
That's wonderful! Yet again you demonstrate a really great attitude! Your hair is gorgeous!

I've made 2 donations to Locks of Love, then a few years later I got a foster daughter with cancer (she's in remission now) and she qualified for a wig from Locks of Love. They really go above and beyond as far as customer service and workmanship. They are a great organization! Your gift will make some child very happy!

thumbsup.gif

Great for you.....I've done this twice and want to do it again!!!!! But I need this hair to grow!

You have motivated me to grow my hair again and hopefully many others!

You are so generous and special to do this....Definitely this is a gift that just keeps on giving....

God bless you for your sensitivity and giving such a special gift.

Geez ya'll, thank you for the kind words, but I don't walk on water!
lau.gif

Part of it was motivated by the hassle of dealing with hair that was past my waist. And arthritic hands. It was becoming a pain in the derriere!

And vfem recently did the same, she inspired me, too. I still have a seven inch ponytail, so this time next year I can do it again!
woot.gif

I NEVER thought DH would do the deed, but he was fine and fearless!

Quote:
Gonna throw a knife at yourself in the mirror? YIKES!

hide.gif
while Saddina cuts her hair....

lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom