Can't believe I've waited this long, new to the flock, new flock momma

Pics

lentnerash

Chirping
Jul 15, 2021
Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
We are very new to chickens! Our small family of four (my husband, daughter 3yrs, son 8yrs, and myself) adopted Moe from a neighbor down the street. His name before was butt head, there were 2 other roosters and they picked on him. Since we got him about 2 1/2 weeks ago. He's been happy go lucky and hasn't been an issue. From inside the coop he does try to go after our daughter, he knows she's a trickster. This Monday we acquired two hens Luna and Sunny today we needed to clean out their holding cell and decided to put our hens with Moe. All went well, we didn't know what kind of reaction Moe would have. We also got 5 easter egger chicks from tractor supply Monday. We we're pretty anxious the first night with getting the temp right, making sure they'd be comfortable, and NOT KILL them! Since we taught our daughter not to squeeze when holding them, we feel more comfortable and she loves waking up to their peeps they are such sweet chicks, we can't wait for our son to meet them.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

(3) What breeds do you have?
5 Easter Eggers pullets, 1 wyandotte rooster, and 2 asturalorp mix hens

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
Their silly personality, caring for them, the EGGS in the future! And watching our chicks grow.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
Bunnies, homesteading, living a life full of family adventures, gardening, composting, holistic living, knitting, and massage therapy.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
I told you way too much in the first question answered. I'm a little excited about finding a group I can come to about any questions we end up having!

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community?
just found this group searching about chick grit on duckduckgo, and we're all about community!
20210715_105005.jpg
20210706_183646.jpg
20210706_183716.jpg
20210706_183726.jpg
20210228_115552.jpg
20210716_093825.jpg
20210716_093841.jpg

Back
Top Bottom