Can't believe I've waited this long, new to the flock, new flock momma

Be extremely careful with getting birds from people...you would not believe how many people get rid of sick birds.
Most 'sicknesses' don't have a cure.
I was worried about that too. 😕 when we got Moe the previous owner said that none of his birds had any type of sickness. I've been researching their sicknesses. It's heartbreaking, but we do understand it's a part of life. Trying to figure out an easy way to explain it to the kids, other than God needs them in heaven. We should probably keep it simple for them.

Hello again.
Do you have a coop for your birds? Where are you going to put all the new pullets when they get integrated into the flock of older birds? You need a LOT more space than what the pictures show.
Be very careful with chicken wire. It's pretty worthless when it comes to predators, rats and mice.
1/2 inch hardware cloth is much better.

Hello again.
Do you have a coop for your birds? Where are you going to put all the new pullets when they get integrated into the flock of older birds? You need a LOT more space than what the pictures show.
Yes, we using reclaimed wood to build.We are planning to expand the coop and add an additional area for the pullets until we can introduce them to the older flock.. During the day they will free-range the yard and not be limited to the coop.

This is the brooder we made for them when inside.

Attachments

• 20210715_154305.jpg
    20210715_154305.jpg
    286.3 KB · Views: 4
  • 20210715_154410.jpg
    20210715_154410.jpg
    151.3 KB · Views: 4
  • 20210715_154426.jpg
    20210715_154426.jpg
    286.4 KB · Views: 4

Back
Top Bottom