Can't believe what my hubby did to my unhatched chicks!!!!!

hit.gif
That is horrifying!! I thought he MURDERED them!! Mine are in the bator right now and with all of the time and attention (plus the worry) it takes that would make me CRY
It did! And then because I was mad he turned around and got mad. We had a huge argument this morning before he left for work. And I really haven't wanted to talk to him to much all day, but i did talk to him some, and tried to make him understand why I am so mad! Like I posted earlier, I left the mess for him to clean up, because I shouldn't have to, and I am gonna make him clean my bator really good.

I heard murder, I was thinking you needed a new husband. I hope he learned a good lesson. My hubby helps me with my chicks. He even questioned when I helped one out of an egg. It was stuck, I helped it out and it lived!

I don't let my hubby near the bators anymore...I asked him one time to turn the dial up one notch and he turned it too far making it go to 112! Lol thank god I didn't have eggs in it yet.

I am a Hubby, and both my wife and I work together with everyting we do.
I remember last year at this time my wife said to me, lets get some peeps at the local feed mill. My answer to her was what for?
So next thing you know I am helping her build a chicken coop. You know next thing we are naming our chickens and collecting eggs from our 5 girls. Now we just completed our first attempt at hatching and got 4 more peeps. Yes you could say I am addicted.
I guess what I am trying to say is that If you are truely a couple then your intrests should be the same or else you are just 2 people who live together.

I remember last year at this time my wife said to me, lets get some peeps at the local feed mill. My answer to her was what for?
So next thing you know I am helping her build a chicken coop. You know next thing we are naming our chickens and collecting eggs from our 5 girls. Now we just completed our first attempt at hatching and got 4 more peeps. Yes you could say I am addicted.
I guess what I am trying to say is that If you are truely a couple then your intrests should be the same or else you are just 2 people who live together.

x2
Hubby has completely supported my chicken addiction this last year, we went from 8 hens to 8 hens and one rooster and 5 fertile eggs, eggs all hatched he then helped me pick out an incubator and we hatched out 20 more chicks... As I sit here today we have 18 hens two rooster 25- 3 week old chicks and 18- 5 day old chicks and numerous that are already in the freezer. He is helping me plan two coops, one for freezer camp candidates and one for just egg layers. He has always wanted to raise rabbits for meat so one day I was at a yard sale out in the country and a lady was getting rid of her meat rabbits, she gave me two, I brought them home for him and now we have 2 breeding males and 3 breeding females, got 6 going to freezer camp this weekend...

None of this would be possible if either of us weren't 100% invested in what the other wanted.

x2
 Hubby has completely supported my chicken addiction this last year, we went from 8 hens to 8 hens and one rooster and 5 fertile eggs, eggs all hatched he then helped me pick out an incubator and we hatched out 20 more chicks... As I sit here today we have 18 hens two rooster 25- 3 week old chicks and 18- 5 day old chicks and numerous that are already in the freezer. He is helping me plan two coops, one for freezer camp candidates and one for just egg layers. He has always wanted to raise rabbits for meat so one day I was at a yard sale out in the country and a lady was getting rid of her meat rabbits, she gave me two, I brought them home for him and now we have 2 breeding males and 3 breeding females, got 6 going to freezer camp this weekend...

None of this would be possible if either of us weren't 100% invested in what the other wanted.

Thats good. My wife and myself are both preppers and homesteaders. Although we have some of the finer things in life, we also are prepared to do without just in case of an EMP or financial collapse.
Never know now days. Poultry is as good as gold!

Thats good. My wife and myself are both preppers and homesteaders. Although we have some of the finer things in life, we also are prepared to do without just in case of an EMP or financial collapse.
Never know now days. Poultry is as good as gold!

We are trying to homestead on our acre, cannot do as much as we would like but a large garden and chickens and rabbits would keep us very well, I am thankful my Grandmother took the time to show me how to can many years ago and I have the confidence to do it without her.. We may have to do without beef and pork (pork for now, hope to get a pig or two next year) but we wouldn't starve.

So many have made fun of those of us who have tried to prepare for any disaster, we have been ridiculed by the far left, after this extreme winter I would hope that folks wake up and realize that a loss of power even for a few days doesn't have to be such a hardship if your prepared for it..

passive aggressive behavior for sure...he said "you have enough chickens"? I can't imagine anyone 'helping' with someone else's project, be it an incubation, painting, gardening project, whatever, without checking in with the person who is overseeing the project. You need may need to put a nanny cam next to your incubator!
roll.png

Um, I am shocked. Smashing eggs before they hatch is cruel. I am sad there are people who would do this to a living creature. I am glad you forgave him, you are a bigger person than me. I can't comprehend those pictures. All I can think of is animal cruelty. Sorry.

Enough said.

"You have enough chicks"
"It's stupid to get so mad over little insignificant chicks"
"They were already dead anyway"
"I was trying to help them hatch"
AND....he left the carnage for you to see.

Sorry. Nope. I call big time BS. This would be an unforgivable event in our household. And I would be making him a therapy appointment to deal with his passive-aggressive manipulation. No therapy, no more marriage. I hope you take care of yourself. There would be no room in my life for sociopathic behavior like this.

Back
Top Bottom