Can't Decide

Discussion in 'Turkeys' started by ButchGood, Jun 3, 2012.

1. ButchGood

ButchGood Songster

Mar 14, 2012
    Central Texas
    I'm going to get a trio of turkeys next spring to breed for use on the table and to sell what I cant use. I like the Bourbon Reds, The Narragansett and the Royal palm. There is also a unimproved bronze I really like but they are extremely rare. What do you think about a mixed trio. Maybe a BR Tom with a Narragansett hen and a RP hen. Would these mix well or should I just stick to purebred birds. Id like to have a little variety and color in the back yard, and I don't have the room for 3 separate trios. What 3 would make nice offspring? Any input would be great. And how about some pictures of your adult mutts.

2. If they are table Fayre only I dont see a problem and plus you may have a mix that you have never seen and love the coloring.

3. ButchGood

ButchGood Songster

Mar 14, 2012
    Central Texas
    I'm definitely going to sell all I can't use, but I would sell them as mutts.

4. Oregon Blues

Oregon Blues Crowing

Apr 14, 2011
    Central Oregon
    I'm not quite sure what an "unimproved bronze" is. There is a "standard bronze" which is a heritage turkey. I don't think they are any more rare than any other heritage turkey breed.

5. ButchGood

ButchGood Songster

Mar 14, 2012
    Central Texas
    http://www.cfagrf.com/Bronze_Turkey.htm
    At the bottom of this article the mention Wish poultry as the only breeder in the US with an address and Phone Number.
    You can find other places they are mentioned when googled.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: