Can't figure out what he is

DulcyDoll

Songster
11 Years
Sep 11, 2008
Baltimore, MD
I have a little goose who is supposed to be toulouse...but he has me stumped as to what he really is. He has one black foot, and one orange foot, a black bill, brown & white feathering but has a white stripe that comes up to his shoulders from his chest. Here are a couple pictures..any help would be awesome!

0630001235a2.jpg

06300012292.jpg

thanks

It might be the picture, but his bill looks "full" at the top, I wonder if there is african in there too?

One orange leg and one black one
big_smile.png
I love it. I know the Toulouse have black bills and feet to begin with that turn orange, while africans stay dark. Whatever he/she is, that is going to be a beautiful goose!

His bill squares off at the top, but is higher than the other gosling's. Both of them started with black bills, but the other's bill changed to pinkish oragne a while ago and his is still a nice dark black.

I hope he keeps the coloring he has now, he is a beautiful goose, and has been my favorite since I got them at 3 weeks. His name is Darbie(I say his, but I hope its a girl)

Last edited:
I'd have to agree it appears to be some sort of african or chinese cross.

I know the Toulouse have black bills and feet to begin with that turn orange, while africans stay dark.

Ahh... not quite. African bills stay dark, but their feet can range in color from different breeding lines. When my goslings feet have changed color I am able to tell out of which parents they are from based on foot color alone. One of my lines has bright orange feet while the other carries reddish pink colored feet.​

Back
Top Bottom