Can't figure these out.

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Brassmaster, Nov 22, 2009.

1. Brassmaster

Brassmaster Out Of The Brooder

Feb 26, 2009
    Wayne County, Ohio
    We got a batch of fly tyers special from McMurray a few months back. I think I have figured out what all we got except for these.

The first ones we thought were Silver Pencilled Wyandot roos. One thing that has thrown me for a loop is that of the 4 of these that we have, two of them have a fairly normal upright comb and the other two have what appears to be a rose comb. Otherwise they look exactly alike.

Rose comb
    [​IMG]

Normal comb
    [​IMG]

One of each together.
    [​IMG]

Any ideas?

This picture I believe is of a Silver Pencilled Wyandot hen that came in this batch.
    [​IMG]

The last one is the following pictures, not sure what they are going to be. Mostly orange with the irridecent green tail feathers.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Any ideas would be welcome.

Glenn

2. wordgirl

wordgirl One of the Shire-folk

Apr 14, 2009
    That blue one – if it's got white earlobes, it's probably a Blue Andalusian.

The white/black roos – the ones with upright combs are probably either Silver Pencilled Rocks or Silver Leghorns. If they're SPRs, they'll have red earlobes. If they're Leghorns, the earlobes will be white.

The rose comb white/black roos – my guess would be Silver Pencilled Wyandottes, because of the comb.

The barred roos – if their combs are upright, than probably Barred Rock or Cuckoo Marans (BRs have yellow legs, CMs have whitish legs).

The hen – I think you're right on!

The red roo – a New Hampshire Red?

You have a pretty flock!

3. RAREROO

RAREROO Overrun With Chickens

Jul 22, 2009
    Alapaha, Ga
    I agree with everything wordgirl said, though the single combed black and white one is a SP Rock, not a leghorn.

4. chickenlover54

chickenlover54 Henely Hatchery

May 20, 2009
    Northern Illinois
    Quote:YES!!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by