Can't get rid mites and lice

Pampered chicken girl

🎶My angels and demons at war with myself🎶
Premium Feather Member
Apr 10, 2022
I've been trying to get rid of mites and lice on my chickens for awhile now and but nothing is working. We use permethrin powder and dust twice, once a weak, but we still have mites. Any better treatment ideas?
TIA and have a good day!

Maybe try switching methods. I use liquid permethrin concentrate and dilute to the proper ratios on the bottle.
Since it's liquid, you would have to treat the chickens on a day when it's warm enough that they won't get chilled. But you can also clear the coop out and spray it down and it will get into all the cracks.
3 treatments of this last year got rid of lice on my birds.

Maybe try switching methods. I use liquid permethrin concentrate and dilute to the proper ratios on the bottle.
Since it's liquid, you would have to treat the chickens on a day when it's warm enough that they won't get chilled. But you can also clear the coop out and spray it down and it will get into all the cracks.
Ok thanks! I use a liquid I'm the coop

Just what I was going to say. Spray liquid!

Then spray the birds with this liquid.
Have a helper, wear gloves, and we wear eye protection too. One person holds the chicken by legs, upside down (unless really big bird-if so, we lay the really big bird on their back to spray) the sprayer will spray the vent area, and under their wings. Then, the sprayed chicken gets put into the cleaned and treated coop. This way, only sprayed birds go inside, and you can easily see who is not sprayed. Repeat it all in about 7-10 days.

Back
Top Bottom