Can't get rid mites and lice

I would highly recommend investing in Elector psp. Last
Also, I’m moving away from all powders. I still have DE, but it’s just not as effective as Elector psp and personally a lot messier. Valley Vet in Kansas is where I ordered the Elector Psp from. There’s a YouTube channel and the Chicken Chick lady that explain even more on how great this product is. Totally worth the $$ if you plan to raise chickens for years to come.

You can try adding diatomaceous earth to where they dust bathe. Also using it as a dust directly on the birds as best you can. DE is safe and not a toxin. It destroys the mites exoskeleton. This works really well. Add more than you think you need, especially at first.
Good luck.

Elector PSP works really well, but is expensive.
I decided to purchase itElector PSP, after a lot of research, even though it's super costly. But now I have enough for me and all my neighbors, and maybe even for all the people in my town! And it worked! I'll never have to worry again; if they get mites, I'll be ready immediately to treat them, their coop and run area, and the mites will be gone. There are so many instances when, through the years, I've settled for the less expensive item, in any respect, and then upgraded. Finally, spending enough money the third time to accomplish what I was trying to do. Now, with good reviews and advice, I buy what works the first time.

Also, I’m moving away from all powders. I still have DE, but it’s just not as effective as Elector psp and personally a lot messier. Valley Vet in Kansas is where I ordered the Elector Psp from. There’s a YouTube channel and the Chicken Chick lady that explain even more on how great this product is. Totally worth the $$ if you plan to raise chickens for years to come.
Yes, that's where I got my Elector PSP from, too. It arrived quickly.

I decided to purchase itElector PSP, after a lot of research, even though it's super costly. But now I have enough for me and all my neighbors, and maybe even for all the people in my town! And it worked! I'll never have to worry again; if they get mites, I'll be ready immediately to treat them, their coop and run area, and the mites will be gone. There are so many instances when, through the years, I've settled for the less expensive item, in any respect, and then upgraded. Finally, spending enough money the third time to accomplish what I was trying to do. Now, with good reviews and advice, I buy what works the first time.
It's environmentally friendly as well, which is a big plus. I don't skimp either when there is a clearly superior product available.

Maybe try switching methods. I use liquid permethrin concentrate and dilute to the proper ratios on the bottle.
Since it's liquid, you would have to treat the chickens on a day when it's warm enough that they won't get chilled. But you can also clear the coop out and spray it down and it will get into all the cracks.
3 treatments of this last year got rid of lice on my birds.
This. I used the Hudson sprayer to spray on my birds and the coop. Also removed and replaced all the bedding, and the old bedding went in the trash not the compost.

I had a mites issue a few months back and struggled to get rid of them from the coop, I reccomend using the nettex total mite kill if you haven’t already. I had good luck with it.

Attachments

• 2A6B04B1-2423-4FA0-AA22-FC76C8C0769E.png
    2A6B04B1-2423-4FA0-AA22-FC76C8C0769E.png
    548.3 KB · Views: 8
I recommend the "old" Seven Dust that reads "kills 65" insects on the front and contains 5% Carbaryl. It is being pushed off the shelves by the new formulation that is not safe for dogs/cats/foul, so you have to know what you're looking for .... not the "kills 165 insects" stuff.

You can find it online if you look for "Carbaryl dust" .... still sold as "Seven Dust" but not all "Seven Dust: is the same!!!

https://www.amazon.com/Gulfstream-Garden-Multiple-Insects-Carbaryl/dp/B004Q7178W/ref=sr_1_2?crid=1DSW7HPS6ZPQF&keywords=Gulfstream+Garden+Tech+Dust+Bug+Killer+Multiple+Insects+Carbaryl+3+/+Pack&qid=1679819790&s=lawn-garden&sprefix=gulfstream+garden+tech+dust+bug+killer+multiple+insects+carbaryl+3+/+pack,lawngarden,106&sr=1-2
Is this organic and ok for chickens ?

Is this organic and ok for chickens ?
Frankly, @Clodill4rel, I would no more attempt to guess what is considered "organic" in this crazy, upside-down world right now.

I do know that the "old" formulation I referred to is considered safe around pets and poultry. When I worked for a dog rescue group we used to use it to dust the coats of "take in" strays while we were waiting to be able to properly bathe and groom them to kill the fleas and that was under a Vet's supervision. Of course, you always need to be responsible and conscious of using it responsibly and read and follow all of the instructions. You don't want to breath it in, or cause animals to breathe it in, for example.

I would NOT use the new formulation, that which does NOT show the Carbaryl as being the only active ingredient, unless someone in the future can provide information showing that it is safe.

I need help been cleaning the coop out every two days, dust bathing the birds, tried natural spray, then permethrin powder. Nothing is working. Ive been at this for 4 weeks now. They have raw open spots on tails, some bloody..been spraying antispetic spray and a bandaid spray so they wont peck at eachother they are 9 weeks old. What do I do??

Back
Top Bottom