cant have ANYTHING!

I'm with SillyChicken. Train the dog; exercise it; crate it. Keep your stuff secure. Buy a plastic tote or something.

I used to work with a woman who complained about how her "puppy" ate ALL THE SHOES. I went to her house to pick her up one day. The "puppy" was about 8 mo. old, 50lbs., and out of control! Her front hall had a tangle of gnawed shoes in a pile - outside the closet. Duh, put the shoes inside the closet and close the door. Put the dog outside in the fenced yard.

Its not her dog to train though...

It is not fair that she should have to put up with all of this.

If it were me I would put some raw bacon in owners shoes and let the dog go at it
frow.gif

Quote:
no, that was the male that did that. he knows not to chew things. i got that threw his head.
the female is the one that did this.
hmm.png

i dug threw the trash to find the old one so i could finish charging my ipod

Quote:
your right,she shouldnt have to put up with this..but sense its her dads dog and I am assuming her dads home..guess what..train the dog,put your stuff away,,even charging,charge it in your room and shut the door..most of the chewing things can be solved by putting things away,behind closed doors and drawers, and giving the dog its own things to chew on..obedience training and exercise will help fix the problems..

I'm sorry you're having a bad day.

We have a chihuahua that chews too, but she only chews underwear. No matter where we put them she seems to find them. She somehow even manages to get them out of the laundry hamper. Our remedy thus far has been to put a rope, like we would normally use to tie her in the yard, around the leg of the sofa and tie her in the living room when we are not at home. Maybe you can try that. Or you can try keeping your bedroom door closed when you're not in there. There are lots of easy remedies for you to try when it comes to the iPod situation. Plug it in on a kitchen counter, like where you plug in the toaster.
Something my daughter tried was this... our dog LOVED to steal my DD's favorite stuffed animal, a rat. So, she put it on the floor near the dog and every time the dog went near it she said "NO!" in a really serious tone and volume. When the dog finally turned her head away from the toy and began to ignore it she got a treat and the toy was picked up off the floor. DD did this about 10 times over the day and now the dog is not interested in the toy at all, even when it is left on the floor accidentally.
BTW, we tried this with the underwear and it didn't work....but it is worth a try. Maybe you can train the dog to stay out of your room this way.

We have cats who walk on furniture during the night and knock stuff over, the remedy for spilled water glasses on our night stand was children's tippy cups! Sometimes you just have to be creative!

Good luck with your chewing dog.

Quote:
no, that was the male that did that. he knows not to chew things. i got that threw his head.
the female is the one that did this.
hmm.png

i dug threw the trash to find the old one so i could finish charging my ipod

Sounds like training is in order, all right. And I DON'T mean just the dogs.
hmm.png

My stuff? My job to make sure nothing happens to it.

My chickens/dogs/cats/ducks? My job to make sure nothing happens to them.

My home/truck/car/clothes/books etc? My job to take care of my stuff, because no one else is going to do it.

It's called maturity hon, you need to keep your stuff safe. Look ahead all the time and think "if I put this here, what can possibly happen to it?" Then think preventively.

As for the dogs belonging to the man who keeps you fed, with a roof over you head? Be nice. Offer to help train the dogs, or even do it yourself.

Quote:
The dog is bored... take it outside and play with it... if that isn't your thing (in which case I'm glad its not your dog) tell whomever owns the beast to entertain it... get a chuck it and wear it out (the dog not the chuck it)!
th.gif

and yes, pick up your stuff, put in in drawers and close your bedroom door.

Cayene pepper, tabasco etc... didn't work on an old dog I had... he ended up liking them!
hu.gif

Sorry the dog is causing so much frustration.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom