Can't seem to get SMALL eggs anymore

Y'all have missed the real point......

Now with my best Foghorn Leghorn impersonation.....

"I say.. I say....I say...you need to getcha some Bantam's that will lay small eggs for ya, year round......."

I mean come on guys, where's the enabling?

How could you resist these guys...... http://images.google.com/images?client= … 8&um=1 ......shoot you could even have a couple as house pets....

barnie.gif

thank you SOOOOOOOO much. i consider myself enabled.

chicken issues and all, i am actually sitting here and contemplating my options for convincing dh that we NEED a handful of bantams.......

geez. i just HAD to read this thread.​

Store returns are the eggs the grocery store return to the producer cuz they didn't sell by the "sell-by" date. Those eggs will sometimes sit in a warehouse for awhile, and some eggs will start to go bad. I candled the eggs and picked those out of the Best Foods runs and put them into dog food runs. Black rots are eggs that are so rotten they show up black when candled. Ya never wanna break one of those..........ewwww!

Our preference is small eggs we give all the larger eggs away to family and friends. We currently have one older hen that lays very large eggs. The smaller eggs seem to have a oranger yolk and they fit my egg poacher perfectly without spiling over the edge.
big_smile.png

Our local bakery/cafe carries local farms' stuff and just today they put out 100s tiny eggs with a sign that said "Hens first eggs $0.10 each"! They were adorable. I gess our local "small" eggery just had this year's batch of pullets start laying.

Back
Top Bottom