Cant seem to get this!

I don't have any other ways to test. Never thought about secondaries. Is there a meter for the humidity? I seen the thermometers.
Did you have any other humidity or heat sensor? I learned the hardway not to trust the built in ones (still do on my natureright, but that's a different story). Had a chinabator that I managed to get 10 eggs to lockdown (out of 45 that started developing) and none made it, even when put in my natureright for lockdown. The humidity was grossly wrong (saying 99% was low 40s) and who knows if the temperature was wrong or not. I feel it must have been to cause that amount of damage

Also, we are on day 23. We still have 10 eggs in the incubator that haven't piped yet. We did candle them last night and seem to be chicks in them but whether there way behind to hatch or they have died. And my 1 live chick is still in there
When you candle was there movement and veins..
Yes thats what it's doing! But it's not eating it, just making the mouth movement and maybe stretches
Give it time keep the membrane moist. It's not quite ready to hatch.

When you candle was there movement and veins..

Give it time keep the membrane moist. It's not quite ready to hatch.
I thought I seen movement. And didn't see veins as the egg was mostly black inside. There was 1 egg that had very noticeable veins. When do I know, when to give up on the rest of the un hatched eggs?

Definitely need to purchase and calibrate a thermometer and hygrometer, sometimes they come in a combo for reptiles. Your humidity may be too high at 60% during incubation, wet, "mushy" chicks can have a very hard time hatching and seem to be weaker as well.

Ok. So bought a thermometer and hydrometer. And yes u guys are right! So for what I thought was right is not at all. My temp was 85° and my humidity was at 80%. But I had my incubator set at 100% and humidity at 68°.

Ok. So bought a thermometer and hydrometer. And yes u guys are right! So for what I thought was right is not at all. My temp was 85° and my humidity was at 80%. But I had my incubator set at 100% and humidity at 68°.

Make sure you double check for even the new gauges to be correct. I've never seen one come out of the box right.

That definitely explains a lot! Definitely do calibrate as well and check again. Good luck with your next round of incubation!

Back
Top Bottom