1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Can't stand it anymore!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by magikchick, Oct 22, 2009.

1. magikchick

magikchick ~FEATHERFOOTED DIVA~

Apr 21, 2007
    SW Florida
    My incubator has been in the corner mocking me. It's hasn't been plugged in for over 2 months. I can't take it much longer must hatch something!!!![​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 22, 2009
  2. NGT ANGL

NGT ANGL Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2009
    Locust Grove, VA
    ....(ghostly music playing).....an eerie voice speaks....."plug me in.....plug me in....me want eggs.......me loves eggs....plug me in...."

3. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    I know the feeling, I lost out and started mine humming again!! [​IMG] I thought I had it hid from DH but he found it and asked What is in there? I thought you were done hatching? Where are you going to put these chicks? He was just full of questions, I went [​IMG] But I smile everytime I look over at the bator! lol I think it's good for my health [​IMG]

4. ginbart

ginbart Overrun With Chickens

Mar 9, 2008
    Bloomsburg, PA
    I just put 12 silkie eggs in my bator and I live in Pa which means the chicks will need to stay in the house all winter long. [​IMG] DH didn't think of that when he said I could get more. [​IMG]

5. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    I know MINE is calling me to bator some eggs but man, its hard!

6. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    I know mine will be calling to me. I have 7 eggs due to hatch tomorrow. But I'm going to "try" to stop until late Jan early Feb. It just gets too darn cold here for babies.

7. magikchick

magikchick ~FEATHERFOOTED DIVA~

Apr 21, 2007
    SW Florida
    OK! I started gathering up some eggs from my silkies that just started laying. I want to see what my new roo is doing. That's a good reason as any, right?

8. Country Heart

Country Heart City Girl With A

Quote:[​IMG]

I know this site is good for my health! [​IMG]

9. evonne

evonne Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 5, 2009
    Las Vegas
    Quote:yeah... you need to do a test hatch.. because there's someone needing silky eggs... um... yeah.. that would be me.. lol.. i'm just not ready to buy them yet.. but by the time your test hatch is done i should be.. and hell... i might want o see an second hatch just to make sure what we're getting out of your eggs...

just in case you need an excuse for a second batch after this one.. lol...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by