Can't Stop Now, New Additions!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by chicken_crazy93, Nov 19, 2010.

1. chicken_crazy93

chicken_crazy93 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 24, 2010
    Mascot
    Well fellow chicken lover's, I went & done it again. A VERY nice lady had posted on CL for Delewares for sale. I called her up & arranged for us to meet up & me purchase two hens. We met at her barn & wow, she had some beautiful chickens she had to get shed of due to her moving to town. Well I wound up buyin 2 Del., a trio of SLW for my buddy & 1 Cochin/Buff mix hen. My buddy took his trio home & after checking my new three out we let them out with my others. After a little fuedin they were alright. I go out to feed the next morning & the one Cochin/Buff mix hen was off to herself. I called the lady back & arranged for me to come purchase her sister which I didn't see on the first trip or I would have gotten her then. I wound up gettin more than just her sister, lol. Well, long story short, here's what I came home with yesterday. Ohh, I sent my Speckled Sussex & one of my young Barred Rock mix roo home with my buddy. I now have 19 chickens & 4 of them are roosters. I think I'm gonna not even look at CL for awhile, lol.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. GreatPyrLover

GreatPyrLover Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 2, 2010
    Hillsborough, NC
    I am always looking for more chickens [​IMG] I have 11 right now....I love one in the doorway in your last picture....what kind is that one?

3. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    They look very happy!

4. chicken_crazy93

chicken_crazy93 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 24, 2010
    Mascot
    I was told she was a Buff Orp/ Cochin mix. I think her, her sister & their daddy are beautiful. They are all very calm chickens & the lady I got them from said she never handled em, just fed & watered. I can walk right up to any of them & pick them up, no fuss or anything. They love to be loved on.
    Quote:

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by