*Cant wait to set my eggs! Will they be ok?*

Ok glad everyone says not to. Ok so today is the day!! The waiting and waiting and more waiting begins!!
lol.png

Quote:
I just put some in, we need a thread for the hatch date..let's be buddies! My hatch date is on the 18th... I'll go start the thread..

S&N Livestock :

Chickens lay several eggs before they start to set... I had best hatch results with eggs that were 7 to 12 days old... I have even hatched an egg that was 33 days old also half froze eggs and eggs from the store... You all will be fine... Good Luck and Happy hatchin....

Oh please dont say that!! I told my husband that the eggs in my incubator probably wont hatch because I let them sit around for 3 days after they came in the mail!

I guess I'd better start working on my excuse for why I have 20 newly hatched chicks in a rubbermaid tub when I ask my neighbor to look after them while we're away for Thanksgiving.
hu.gif

I am so glad I came across this post.. I received my eggs in the mail today and was about to go put them in the incubator... Didn't know I had to let them settle... Trish
Quote:

well i got my eggs in two days ago and i dint know,i was supposed to let them settle, so i put them in right away.. do u think they will still hatch? im worried now

mrs b. bates farm :

well i got my eggs in two days ago and i dint know,i was supposed to let them settle, so i put them in right away.. do u think they will still hatch? im worried now

They may still hatch. Dont worry have you been turning them? It may just take a little longer for them to develop or some may not at because the bubbles got in the air pocket. BUT not everyone has ALL eggs hatch ALL the time I know Im not going to have all hatch.....I mean of course I would loove it but it just inst practical​

Back
Top Bottom