Can't wait to start hatching soon! Anyone else with 10/14 hatch day?

Okay - all 37 eggs are in the bator - now the countdown begins. This time I have a fan and a new thermometer that hangs into the bator - so I'm hoping I'll have better control of the humidity and temps.

I should have a batch of Amerucana eggs hatching on 10/9, and a dozen EE's on 10/15.

fl.gif
Good hatching vibes to all of us. Go, chickies, go!
yippiechickie.gif

Hi all, I set 12 welsummer eggs in the bator on the 20th, hatch day is October 10. I set them at night and when I woke up I had a temperature spike to 105!!! Then I tried to turn it down and of course it got to low...low 90's I believe. My wife now thinks I'm nuts because I have a total of 5 thermometers in there now including the digital in the wiggler, I also have 2 hydrometers one digital, and one that is not. I've been struggling with temp till last night which was day 3 the air temp was 102 and the humidity was 31% on digital and 45% on the other, the wiggler temp was 100/101. Right now (day 4) They are about the same except wiggler temp seems to be sitting at 101 as long as this hold I think all will be ok until lockdown. I'm excited to be joining you guys hope everyone has a 100% hatch rate even me with this horrible start
fl.gif

Edited to say: I'm using a Little Giant still air incubator

Last edited:
Got a little worried today - the power went out for about 3 minutes - but thankfully it came back on. With all the rain we've been having I don't know if it was a tree/accident or just wind issue.

My 12 serama eggs have been in the incubator for about 28
hours now. It's my mom's incubator, shes hatched successfully
with it, but it's my first time. It's a hovabator, with a fan and
an eggturner. I have a digital thermometer probe inside, the temps
are very stable at 100.4 to 100.8, with it reading 100.6 almost
all of the time. I am hoping this is going to be alright, some
people even advise incubating seramas at a slightly higher
temp. The last batch of eggs, only one chick hatched, it pipped on
day 19. Will be interested to see what is developing when I
candle on day 7. I think that half the eggs had detached
air cells, at least I think that was what I was seeing.
Remaining Ever Hopeful.

I have a hopefully viable mixture of eggs in my Brinsea, 28 of them, due to start pipping late Monday night, 10/10/11! I have to set them up to start pipping when I am asleep or I stay up all all night and all day watching them. If I can wake up and one chick is out or almost out, I seem to be able to relax a little more.

Back
Top Bottom