Canvas for bird netting?

I like the way @aart worded it ☺️ Another concern is going to be the weight of the canvas when wet, unless you're able to waterproof it somehow. It does seem like a lot of work.

The first word that comes to mind with the picture you posted is "steamy". Maybe they're using something other than what I thought of, plastic.

If you're able to do this, and I'm certainly not saying that your incapable of it, and you cover all concerns, ~shade, ventilation, etc~ It's really neat looking. I'd love to see your finished work.

I wish you the best with this. Super exciting work!

I like the way @aart worded it ☺️ Another concern is going to be the weight of the canvas when wet, unless you're able to waterproof it somehow. It does seem like a lot of work.

The first word that comes to mind with the picture you posted is "steamy". Maybe they're using something other than what I thought of, plastic.

If you're able to do this, and I'm certainly not saying that your incapable of it, and you cover all concerns, ~shade, ventilation, etc~ It's really neat looking. I'd love to see your finished work.

I wish you the best with this. Super exciting work!
The dome is all bird netting, so it shouldn't be too hot in there for them. Also, I have plenty of trees around for the shade. When I get home this evening, I'll take a picture of where I'll be putting it.

I will know more when it arrives., hopefully soon.

I'd struggle with figuring out how I would cover that - but I'm dealing with more than just aerial predators.

I guess hardware cloth on the lower sections (cutting everything into triangles would kill me!) and maybe netting up higher? Not sure how I'd knock off snow (which might not be an issue for you) since right now I just beat it off the netting with a broom.

I'd struggle with figuring out how I would cover that - but I'm dealing with more than just aerial predators.

I guess hardware cloth on the lower sections (cutting everything into triangles would kill me!) and maybe netting up higher? Not sure how I'd knock off snow (which might not be an issue for you) since right now I just beat it off the netting with a broom.
I'm hoping I can put the hardware cloth on like a normal roll, and just attach it to the triangle sections. Also, I have 3 large dogs who's run will butt up against the dome, so that will keep the predators away. As for snow, I don't really think it will be a problem, since we don't get very much.

I'll get a pic of the area later.

Here's where the dome will go. Where the brown pirck is, there will be an 8x12 coop, with the door being their outlet. The fence which is there will be moved to the corner of the porch, in front of the dome.

The next pic is of where the coop will be, once cleaned out. Still gives me a 16x12 porch too!

I'll take pics of my progress!
20210512_141940.jpg

Attachments

• 20210512_155427.jpg
    20210512_155427.jpg
    539.9 KB · Views: 2
Here's where the dome will go. Where the brown pirck is, there will be an 8x12 coop, with the door being their outlet. The fence which is there will be moved to the corner of the porch, in front of the dome.

The next pic is of where the coop will be, once cleaned out. Still gives me a 16x12 porch too!

I'll take pics of my progress!
View attachment 2665875

When you get it all worked out and accomplished you'll end up with a nice, roomy facility.

Back
Top Bottom