Can’t peep at all

Jmiller008

Hatching
Feb 25, 2022
I have a chick that I hatched out 2 days ago, struggled and almost died coming out. I had to intervene, it’s had some issues with falling over on its back and not getting back up on its own, but it never peeps or makes any sound what so ever even when it tries to peep no audible sound comes out. we’ve worked on the falling over and it’s not doing it as often but still doing it, I also noticed it cant open its mouth all the way open even with me trying to open it( obviously not enough to hurt it) but it’s like it gets lockjaw and can only open its mouth so far. I also have to constantly remind it to drink and eat cause it will almost seem to forget to do these things. I’m at a loss and can’t find anything by looking it up so I was wondering if anyone else here has ever had this problem? is it possibly a neurological problem? Is there such thing as a mute chicken? Is it going to live? Does it have a disease??

I have a chick that I hatched out 2 days ago, struggled and almost died coming out. I had to intervene, it’s had some issues with falling over on its back and not getting back up on its own, but it never peeps or makes any sound what so ever even when it tries to peep no audible sound comes out. we’ve worked on the falling over and it’s not doing it as often but still doing it, I also noticed it cant open its mouth all the way open even with me trying to open it( obviously not enough to hurt it) but it’s like it gets lockjaw and can only open its mouth so far. I also have to constantly remind it to drink and eat cause it will almost seem to forget to do these things. I’m at a loss and can’t find anything by looking it up so I was wondering if anyone else here has ever had this problem? is it possibly a neurological problem? Is there such thing as a mute chicken? Is it going to live? Does it have a disease??
How does its poop look and everything?

Hmmm idk I would just keep watching. You might just have a special chick. Os it with other chicks? He could just be very tired from hatching
It was the only chick that I had hatch out and live, as of this morning it had passed. I truly think it had some sort of neurological issue it seemed to have had a stroke or seizure right before it passed. I have a new batch of eggs in my incubator so I’m watching to see if the turners are working properly, if not then that would explain why all 6 that hatched didn’t make it.

Back
Top Bottom