Capons vs. True Capons

It looks to me like the word Capon is sometimes used as a buzz word to sell meat at a higher price?

You answered your own question.... the reason for cornish x capons is so companies can still have the fast growing bird and still call it a capon....

Where is the profit if you raise a capon to 6 months? To these big companies it all about marketing regardless of quality to taste.

Personally I think it's a scam, kind of like organics... but that's just my opinion.​

Quote:
Wapsie's Marc send me two e-mail yesterday ,and told me some situation of their company . He is leaving for a short vacation this week, and I will continue to communicate with him.

My God! Members of the animal right association eat the meat whether or not ?
tongue.png

Last edited:
I'm going to have to bet that the breed available there are not like the ones here, as the meat birds in the US are held under special breeders and not released. Like a trade secret. Sort of like a hybrid seed variety vs a heirloom type because they cannot breed true. Unless of course I could be wrong, and there exists in china a table bird that reaches 10lbs live weight or 6lbs dressed in 42 days.

Correct me if I'm wrong but the typical broiler here in the states is completely different that what's available in China. White broilers are usually not valued as we value them.... and typicaly the colors are red, orange, or black...

I think the US has a thing with white being "clean" and not liking the appearance of the occasional feather or pin feather... from which a white bird easily hides when they are there. Which is why I want to say most meat breeds of poultry are white, like the white piking duck, the white broad breasted turkeys, and the white broilers, all the way down to white eggs being the most common egg with the white leghorn.

I'm going to have to bet that the breed available there are not like the ones here, as the meat birds in the US are held under special breeders and not released.
An interesting article I came across as I continue to research global commercial chickenry/caponizing. http://www.angrin.tlri.gov.tw/INRA/o11.pdf

(my current position: I'm glad I got the tools and glad I have learned to caponize.)

EDIT: HaHa -- same article several months ago -- https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...cken-tu-ji-taiwan-country-chicken-info-please

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom