CAPSONIZING ROOSTERS

pokey

Warrior Princess
11 Years
Jun 1, 2008
upstate
does or has anyone capsonized roosters?i guess i mean will a vet do it nowadays, how much$$$ if you can find one?i hate to cull them and if calmer maybe some would be less noisy. my husband is going to die if he sees this post. i can't get him to neuter the dog.
barnie.gif

Honestly, I don't recommend it. If a vet does it, it will be probably a lot more money than you'll want to spend. It's not really a do-it-yourself type of project either. Maybe you could trade someone for a more docile breed of roo?

I seem to remember a thread on this a few months ago describing the procedure (sp?). Lemme see if I can find it.......

I did a search on the internet a few weeks ago about this. I heard/read it would make my broilers larger. There's a pdf out there with instructions from an old mail order Sears catalog Capon Kit. I downloaded it, read and promptly decided that's WAY more than I'm qualified to do.

Good luck.

someone who has done it told me it was not something you'd want to try by yourself and you need to know what you are removing. i agree. i don't want anyone cutting things out of me w/o painkillers! iwill call the vet tommorrow,i am curious what they charge.

Back
Top Bottom