Cardboard Box?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The reason I haven't been on this site latley, was because I haven't really been needing you guyz' help! I know exactly what I need to do!
big_smile.png
(1) Get chicken food (2) Get waterer (3) When Spring time comes, get an outside fence thing or cage. My mom and dad have been busy latley doing bussiness, so they've never had the time to take us to the feed store.
sad.png
But ever since we took Corn in from the cold at night, he's been getting better and better everyday! He seems to have been completley back to normal this week! He flaps his wings, he pecks around, he follows me when I walk past and everything! And when I took him out one morning before school, I think he tryed to crow! Well, the first day, I wasn't sure if it was him, then later the next week, I figured out he was making that sound! So he might be a boy. But still not sure.
hmm.png

yay, I am glad hes doing better, and that your going to get him proper food.

The reason I haven't been on this site latley, was because I haven't really been needing you guyz' help! I know exactly what I need to do!

you never know everything.....I am sure there is TONS more you haven't learned about yet on chicken care alone.
tongue.png

Best best buddy - PLEASE - it's taking way WAY too long to get proper food for your feathered friend. You started posting quite some time ago and still report that no one has had time to get him the food he needs. He should have the right food every single day and every day that goes by without it is bad for him. He is not eating the right things, not even close. He will get sick. I hate to be harsh but your parents are not seeing that this bird gets the right care quickly enough. The right food cannot wait. I know your heart is in the right place. You need to call a 4-H group and let someone who has all the proper food and facilities adopt your friend. Then maybe he can have other chicken friends. If they live close by you can visit. Will your parents consider reading all these posts? If not, then hurry and call 4-H and don't stop calling until they call you back. If you don't know who to call, tell us where you live and someone from this website will let you know who to call in your area. It's the nicest thing you can do for your feathered friend because you can't let more time go by without the proper food and conditions for him. He will likely die - I'm sorry to have to say such worrisome things but you need to know how important it is that you take action to help him. You can do it and we'll be here for you.

bestbestbuddy, please read what everyone is telling you here and understand that we all know you are trying to do your best for Corn. But without being able to provide the proper food and company for Corn, they are right, he will die. Chickens need company (they are flock animals) and, like all animals, they need the right kind of nutrients. Corn can't wait until someone has enough time to go get him the right food. It has to be available for him everyday, just like fresh water, and company.

Don't let Corn suffer, find help as has been suggested: a local 4H is a great idea. Or you can call the local feed store and ask if anyone there knows of someone involved with 4H that can take Corn. Knowing what to do is great, but being able to do it and maintain consistency is very important when you have to take care of any animal.

I'm glad to hear Corn is doing better. We all know you love Corn, so think about doing the best for him, even though it may be very hard for you.
You know everyone here is behind you, so keep in touch and keep us posted.

Last edited:
Today when I came back from school, my brother told me that mommy had bought chicken food! She and daddy were doing business in Loganville, so before they left they called the feed store we were looking for before and found the food! Today we gave him the food and he seemed very happy! I will still be giving him a little bit of treats. She said we can go back near the end of March and early April, because the lady on the phone talked about how that's when new rabbits, ducks, chickens (etc) are born then!! We still need a waterer, but we have food! When spring time comes, I will persuade my mom to get an outside coop. We'll see.

Another question, will Corn ever get bored of his chicken food and want a more variety? I remember to when Corn and Pepper were just about 10 days old and we brought them home. Their chicken food was like sand. It was tan/yellowish with grains in it. This chicken food looks like soil, it's brown and doesn't look very varietified. Will Corn ever get bored of it?

chickens aren't picky....just give corn a healthy treat once and awhile and ..he/she w.e corn is
tongue.png
will be happy.

and thats GREAT that you got the chicken food!
big_smile.png

Cool! We also have more news!! I made a waterer myself! I took a Dasani water bottle, cut off the top, made an almost door like (about half an inch) hole for the water to come out, and put it on his water bowl. Here's a very rough diagram:
Screenies.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom