care to share your silkie crosses?

When crossing a silkie roo, are you generally able to avoid the vaulted skull?

I just had to put down my silike hen who kept getting neurological damage from the roos mounting her - she was so bad at the end, she was just sprawled out on the ground - it was heartbreaking. I can't go through that again. I still have a silkie roo and a mix of other chickens and I'd like to see his crosses.

OH all these pics are great I love all these silkie crosses. Im getting a few pure silkie chicks next week and also a silkie mix hen that lays green eggs. I cant wait to add them to my flock. Ive been wanting silkies for a while and even all these silkie crosses are to die for
love.gif

Keep the pics coming.

Silkie, black star crosses.

This bird has a silkie mother, and a black star father.

This bird has a silkie father, and a black star mother.

Born 1/23/13, Silkie Mama and EE Daddy. Can't wait to see what what it will look like when it gets older. It's legs are dark green like the daddy's.

I got my first silkie cross today!!! She is so beautiful and lucky me she also has EE or Americauna mixed in because she lays a tiny green egg. She even surprised me with an egg in the box on the drive home:) Ill get a pic of her soon and post it up.

I got my first silkie cross today!!! She is so beautiful and lucky me she also has EE or Americauna mixed in because she lays a tiny green egg. She even surprised me with an egg in the box on the drive home:) Ill get a pic of her soon and post it up.
She sounds adorable!! Can't wait for pics!!

Back
Top Bottom