Caring for an injured chick...

You're doing about all you can.

The reason this guy isn't staying awake is most likely because of shock. His body is trying to shut down.

since the little chick is badly injured he ll sleep more and eat drink less because he is in pain so u should use some ointment to his legs and lets give him rest not force him to eat or drink he ll eat and drink only when he is hungary and sleep more,its normal i have so many chicks and that happens sometime..best of luck

One of my 3 month chicks was hit by a car a couple days ago. The only thing injured, thank god, was her left wing. It was completely severed. I cleaned and dressed her wounds. And I'm keeping her in a cat carrier in a dark secluded area, my closet. The first day she slept, which was to be expected. Yesterday she ate, drank and walked around. Today she's even more alert. However, my question is this. The bone is exposed, and there isn't enough skin to pull over the bone and staple, per speaking to the vet. I doing the right thing? Will she be able to survive? Or am I only prolonging the inevitable? She looks good, now. But, with the bone exposed, won't she be set up for infection? Will the bone go back in on its own??? Please, anyone with advice, o would greatly appreciate it!!!

Back
Top Bottom