Carport to Coop....has anyone used a carport for a coop?

Quite a few I've seen on here....nothing that large tho!
Lots of potential!

Needs more windows.

Check out some of these threads:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/search/15684549/?q=carport&t=post&o=relevance&c[title_only]=1

Thanks aart! I will check the thread out now. I am so far from done with this huge coop, it is soo much more work and money than I thought it would be. I know by babies will be happier once it is done. They sure do like being able to dirt bathe and stuff when it's cold and snowing outside.

and the air gets dusty but it doesn't stay that way long.
Humidity is a good dust dampener. A couple of hygrometers to monitor the coop and outside humidity levels is a good observation tool.

Thanks aart! I will check the thread out now. I am so far from done with this huge coop, it is soo much more work and money than I thought it would be. I know by babies will be happier once it is done. They sure do like being able to dirt bathe and stuff when it's cold and snowing outside.
You have plenty of time to craft your operation, you've got hardest part done, a huge roofed shelter...just keep plugging along.

Beautiful coop. Your chickens must absolutely love it. I think you should add a few more windows so that on hot days and nights you can have better air circulation. Maybe add some more roosts and a box or 2 where they can all huddle and stay warm in really cold nights.

Beautiful coop. Your chickens must absolutely love it. I think you should add a few more windows so that on hot days and nights you can have better air circulation. Maybe add some more roosts and a box or 2 where they can all huddle and stay warm in really cold nights.
Yeah, the additions are not done yet for sure. I had to cut the amount and size of windows due to cost. I may add more this spring, but I really want to get the inside at least somewhat done. There will be more doors (with windows) eventually that lead out to the run, and separate indoor and outdoor pens. They need real roosts, not temporary ones held down by sacks of quickrete, lol!
The chickens really do love it. I have had to keep them inside for quite a few days due to the cold and snow, and there is no fighting or bullying or picking on each other. Of course they are really happy when they get to come out too!

Back
Top Bottom