Carrying Imprinted Duckling ***PICTURES***

gnmrk2000

Chirping
12 Years
Jul 19, 2011
North West New Jersey
Well, its official. Bob, my Pekin duckling, has officially imprinted on me
hugs.gif
. His mom, Daisy, hatched 8 ducklings herself and Bob was left peeping in his shell for 4 days until I got the courage to help him myself. He is just precious and follows me everywhere and peeps like crazy when he is not with me. Im ok with all of this, but I need some suggestions from others who have been through this. Bob does spend a lot of time in his brooder, but I am trying to come up with a way to be able to carry him around AND get other things accomplished at the same time! Some sort of sling, or carrier that I can wear (he wants to be by my neck all the time haha) He would follow me around the house, but he is too small still and will wind up in one of the cats' mouths if I'm not careful
barnie.gif
. He is only 4 days old and I just placed an order for duck diapers. Come on all you creative ones! I need some ideas!

THE CLOSER BOB CAN GET TO ME, THE BETTER HE FEELS!!!

ONE OF BOB'S FAVORITE WAYS TO SLEEP!!

HaHa, I know, right? Bob is officially a SHE but I don't even care.....she will always be Bob, or Lady Bob to me
love.gif
. I just wish I was creative enough to figure out a way to keep her close and keep my hands free too!

Do you have an old pillow case that you could cut down the seam lengthwise? You could tie it around your waist as a sling.

Bob is adorable!

Last edited:
maybe craiglist for a one of those outdoor doggie puppy pens (if you have the room?) and find something sturdy to attach to the top as cover so the kitties can't get in there. By the way li'l Bobbie is soooooo stinkin' adorable. love the pics ;)

Aww. Lady bob is adorable! Hmmm I don't know what you could do about the sling :/ maybe you could wear a hoodie backwards. LOL! I really don't know but good luck trying to find out!
:)

Lady Bob is precious
love.gif
I know of nothing that you could use that would fit around your neck, but how about a sling out of just about anything you have old towel pinned if it won't tie and put an old towel inside till you get your harness so he can poop freely but it won't soil the sling. even old shower curtain may work or material remmant. just tied over around your shoulder and neck so you can carry her and have free hands. Kinda like these. http://www.target.com/s/infant+shou...8769&KID=28998130-ea86-21c9-d3fe-000043bfb2c0

Last edited:
Lady Bob is the cutest little duckling! How old is she? My little one is imprinted on me too and it makes me so happy! I haven't come up with a way to carry her around with me, but I generally just bring the brooder into whatever room I'm in so that we can be near each other. I also got a little wire pen that I'll set up sometimes so that she can have a change of scenery. What I want to do when she's a little bigger is get some sort of hard-sided tote bag to carry her in. You could try something like that. It would be like wearing a very fragile purse.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom