"castaway" chick in purchased eggs - Please help identify!

Its not a bobwhite quail.

Is it a bantam? Could be OEGB

old english game bantam

i just hatch a bunch from my stock and i haveone that looks like that i thinks it is a bb red oegb

I got an email from the breeder and she says she only raises chickens, so I guess it isn't a quail, afterall. I wish I knew what breed it could be, but I'm guessing it must be a bantam size, since it's so much smaller than the standard chicks I have in the brooder box. I'm still afraid that it isn't doing well with its legs, though. I've been trying to make it wear the tape "boots", but I don't really know what I'm doing. Is there anyone in the South Jersey area who might be willing to look it over and help me out somehow??? I'd love for this chick to turn out okay, after all this...

Did she say what kind of chickens she raises? To maybe help you narrow it down? I have 3 different chipmunk looking ones that look similar to yours. They're OEG's. But like everyone else said, there are LOTS of varieties that come with chipmunk stripes! It may be a month or so before you can really tell. (says the girl who posts pics of day-olds "what breed is this?" cause im super impatient!) I wish I could help with the legs part.. The worst we've had was a little teeney serama get a few crooked toes- and they ended up fixing themselves. Good luck with your baby!

Back
Top Bottom