Casual Fridays at work

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by gryeyes, Dec 17, 2010.

1. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

We non-uniformed, civilian staff at my agency's HQ are expected to wear "business, or business casual" attire during the week, but on Fridays may wear more casual clothing such as jeans and sweat shirts "in good condition."

So, today I am spiffed out in one of Cheryl Cohen's new, blue hoodies with the holiday "Deck the Coops with Love and Crowing" designs. With my best jeans.

2. Orchid

Orchid Chillin' With My Peeps

May 10, 2010
    North Central MN
    [​IMG]

Every day is casual Friday at my office. Just the way I like it. [​IMG]

3. cherylcohen

cherylcohen The Omelet Ranch

Sep 18, 2009
    SF East Bay CA
    Are you are so nice to compliment....I'm wearing mine today too, it's so snuggly soft I'm happy I went with the higher quality

There a few left if anyone wants them

4. Chicken.Lytle

Chicken.Lytle Chillin' With My Peeps

I first encountered "casual Friday" in 1989. It felt great.

Last year I encountered a client who took away "casual Friday" for a silly reason. The impact on morale was substantial. I dropped them since I started wonder what other foolishness would be next, like not paying my invoice.

These days, I am casual every day. Nothing says casual like chicken poo .

5. cherylcohen

cherylcohen The Omelet Ranch

Sep 18, 2009
    SF East Bay CA
    And I just had to weigh one of my chickens and got it all dirty, luckily I just took another out of the dryer and it's perfect, no shrinkage and still so soft...I'm happy

6. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

Quote:That is exactly why I bought more than one of the hoodies and the long-sleeved t-shirts! I am rough on clothes I like. Nice to have extras.

7. acid_chipmunk

acid_chipmunk Polish Silkies d'Uccles O my!

Mar 29, 2010
    I am lucky and have casual Friday everyday at my job. I have been in a uniformed work place and hated it. Now I can wear jeans, shorts, sweats, just about anything, as long as nothing is hanging out and no profanity. The joys of working in a locked building!

8. Iowa Roo Mom

Iowa Roo Mom Resistance Is Futile

Apr 30, 2009
    Keokuk County
    Let's face it people, wearing scrubs is pretty much like wearing pajamas so... I guess that makes me casual every day [​IMG]

9. welsummerchicks

welsummerchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2010
    I came to the interesting conclusion years ago, that Casual Friday was not really all that casual.

I read the dress code, which basically said that Casual Friday really wasn't very casual.

Most places, shirts with slogans or other company names or products are out.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2010
  10. Teach97

Teach97 Bantam Addict

Nov 12, 2008
    Hooker, OK
    never really understood casual friday...if it wasn't acceptable the other days..why was it acceptable friday? So it should either be acceptable everyday or never acceptable..but that is me.

I wear a tie everyday except friday...then I wear a loud flowery shirt...or one with parrots....not the one with Hula dancers...bad idea...oops! What makes it different..nothing...I just like them and it would be acceptable any other day...i just like to be predictable! well...kinda...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by