Casual Fridays at work

gryeyes

Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers
10 Years
Sep 22, 2009
My slice of heaven in Somerset, CA
We non-uniformed, civilian staff at my agency's HQ are expected to wear "business, or business casual" attire during the week, but on Fridays may wear more casual clothing such as jeans and sweat shirts "in good condition."

So, today I am spiffed out in one of Cheryl Cohen's new, blue hoodies with the holiday "Deck the Coops with Love and Crowing" designs. With my best jeans.

thumbsup.gif

Every day is casual Friday at my office. Just the way I like it.
smile.png

Are you are so nice to compliment....I'm wearing mine today too, it's so snuggly soft I'm happy I went with the higher quality

There a few left if anyone wants them

I first encountered "casual Friday" in 1989. It felt great.

Last year I encountered a client who took away "casual Friday" for a silly reason. The impact on morale was substantial. I dropped them since I started wonder what other foolishness would be next, like not paying my invoice.

These days, I am casual every day. Nothing says casual like chicken poo .

And I just had to weigh one of my chickens and got it all dirty, luckily I just took another out of the dryer and it's perfect, no shrinkage and still so soft...I'm happy

I am lucky and have casual Friday everyday at my job. I have been in a uniformed work place and hated it. Now I can wear jeans, shorts, sweats, just about anything, as long as nothing is hanging out and no profanity. The joys of working in a locked building!

I came to the interesting conclusion years ago, that Casual Friday was not really all that casual.

I read the dress code, which basically said that Casual Friday really wasn't very casual.

Most places, shirts with slogans or other company names or products are out.

Last edited:
never really understood casual friday...if it wasn't acceptable the other days..why was it acceptable friday? So it should either be acceptable everyday or never acceptable..but that is me.

I wear a tie everyday except friday...then I wear a loud flowery shirt...or one with parrots....not the one with Hula dancers...bad idea...oops! What makes it different..nothing...I just like them and it would be acceptable any other day...i just like to be predictable! well...kinda...

Back
Top Bottom