Cat behavior question *Kitten mauled* His decision, more stitches

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Shame on you, you think hes happy about this? You think hes not done everything?
SHAME ON YOU!

Last edited by a moderator:
Why say "shame on you"? She is stating her opinion as you asked. Just because you don't like what she said is no reason to discount her opinion.

To tell the truth, I kind of agree. Your friend made a committment to this first cat. Just because he wants to have more cats in the house does not negate his responsibility to the first cat. The first cat was doing fine before the kitten came in the house and your friend loved it. The improper urination needed to be dealt with, but it does sound like the cat had reasons for some of that. Most of the time it is fine and uses the litter box. It sounds like it is peeing in improper places to express its displeasure with changes in its life. Again, not an abnormal response for some cats. I have one that peed on beds for a while. Turns out it had a UTI AND it was upset about a territorial issue it had with another male cat that had appeared outside. Yes, it is a pain to have to repeatedly wash linens and whatnot. It can be done though. My boy is now fine and there is no more bed peeing.

Some cats will only function in a single cat environment. The original cat pretty much made that plain when he brought the second cat into the house. The original cat reacted naturally to the invasion of her space. Cats fight to defend territory. It is just what they do. That your friend ignored the warning signs is not the cat's fault.

The decision is his about what to do with his cat. If he wants to get rid of it so he can have this new kitten, then by all means it is his right to do that. Just don't expect us all to approve and pat him on the back. He is tired of this original cat and is dumping it so he can keep the cute little kitten. Let's at least be honest about it. No reason to say "shame on you" when this is pointed out.

Quote:
The reason I said shame on you, is because he was looking to place the kitten before this happened. He realized that the kitten was not safe and that he had to stay in a single cat home.
He was doing the right thing by keeping his older cat before this happened, and now everyone is falsely accusing him of "replacing" his cat after what happened, all because he no longer trusts the animal that bit him. Which I find to be horrible on there part for even suggesting it.
How many times do i have to repeat it...
He can not afford the vet bills, so he is not even keeping he kitten, he has given her up to the vet in her care.
So again, shame on them for even suggesting that.
I was asking for opinions on how to help him, not how to bash him.
Sorry for being curt, but please hang around and wait for the update, you will see why when its updated.

I have to agree. The older cat was there first and is just very territorial.
It likes people so it is a good cat for an only pet, not with other animals.
If the kitten makes it, find it a home.

Lynne
bun.gif

tongue.png

Quote:
Please go back and read the original post.
He was looking for a new home for it before the attack happened. Hence my growing frustration...

People gave your friend advice, and then this post just became some sick twisted thing. That obviously struck a nerve with me.

Good luck to your friend! Wish him the best and that he shouldn't take these comments to be hurtful, they are opinions by other people, they aren’t to judge, but to merely try to show a different perspective. Which can be hard to show unless you state your true feelings.

Just wish he would have taken a breather, and waited a little longer, the cat would have calmed down and things would have went back to normal, but his choice of course. And everyone will have there own opinion and thoughts about this I certainly do
smile.png
But he choice this and for him it was the right descision.

I by know means what your friend to think he can't ever have another animal. But its a valuable and hard lesson that he just learned.

Quote:
it did become a sick and twisted thing thats the problem...
I wish it had never happened, but feelings or not, some of the posts were unhelpful and just...well, you try and put yourself in his shoes and then read some of the comments...
Some of them were just pointing fingers, no help what so ever, just blame and I am sorry but I grew very tired of it very fast, and the fact that people were skipping updates and not reading just furthered my frustration.
The people who did give help instead of lectures and finger pointing were very useful to him and he greatly appreciated them, even if I clashed with there opinions he still took them into consideration and printed them out to show the behavioralist's he was talking to.
He was leaning towards making her a barn cat until she attacked him while he was sleeping, right on the left side of his cheek to. What little trust he had left went "poof"
Sorry but at that point I would be done also...
Im just trying to keep him calm, because now hes blaming himself for everything and keeps going back to some of the posts people left...Not a position I want to be in, since he is like my big brother, but I am...
I just wish people would READ, its so frustrating when they dont.
However, thank you. I will have him read what you have said and hope he takes it into consideration.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom