cat food crunch!

kbu

In the Brooder
9 Years
Nov 15, 2010
does anyone have a simple and wasy way to crunch up the cat food for the chickens so it is smaller.
hmm.png

i got kitten food (very high protein) and they still think it is to big! they want to eat it but do not like the size.
pop.gif

any help with turning this into a simple thing and not hours of smashing would be great...thanks!

Make sure that the cat food does not contain any poultry products.

Cannibalism was the a big factor in BSE in cattle as cattle feed contained beef products. It is surely just a matter of time before a prion disease finds its way into chickens if they are eating each other.

I found this thread- post 13 explains it in relation to chickens

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=3156790

Mad Cow came from feeding dead cows to cows, who are herbivores. There is no Mad Pig or Mad Chicken disease that I'm aware of. The feeds say no ruminants are used in the feed, so they use decent quality pig protein, at least the ones on the labels I've read.

now that we have hijacked your thread...sorry!!

i'think dampening it would be the easiest-​

Quote:
Hi All,
If you need a higher protein feed for your flock why not not buy a higher protein chicken feed which is formulated for chickens not cats.
Check the protein content of the cat food and compare the cost to hi protein chicken or turkey feed. I would bet cat food is more expensive when ingredients are compared. Try fish meal formulated for poultry to boost protein content of your mix or raise meal worms.

Joe

Back
Top Bottom