Cat Health Concern

haimlazy

Hatching
Feb 23, 2016
So i have an almost 1 year old male cat and he will claw my hand off if i touch the area in the picture. I'm a bit concerned about it, considered the intensity of the hand shredding. He is a normal weight (I admit a tiny bit on the heavy side for his age, but don't worry he's on a diet!) His droppings, behavior, and everything else are normal. Is it just me? He never liked being pet, or is this something like a growth. He had a hernia as a kitten, but there was a successful surgery so I don't think it really matters, but just in case! I haven't felt any lumps (I just checked since hes on my lap, nothing but fat. Its always been there since the surgery.) He is also neutered. Please note that he will also shred my hand if I brush near his... rear. But hey its all for his own good!

It's really hard to tell from a picture, but if you are concerned over it, a trip to the vet could never hurt. They will be able to sedate or restrain him to get a good look at the area. Pain in cats can be anything from an abscess to arthritis, which is why it can be important to get things checked out if you suspect something abnormal.

Back
Top Bottom