Cat in tree -- rescued!!! pics Post 14

If you cut that tree and it falls into other trees, he will be launched from the tree when it comes to a stop. He could be very badly injured, or so frightened by the fall that he just runs right up another tree. I'd call a tree service guy to come out and climb the tree to retrieve him. Or get a hose and wet him down good, maybe that could chase him back down. Do this in the morning though so he has a chance to dry in case it does not work.

If Gary the silly cat is still in his penthouse suite tomorrow, I have contacted a cat rescue to come get him for a donation. We will be generous with the donation, as we cannot even begin to contemplate getting him out of his predicament. In case anyone is interested, the website is www.catinatreerescue.com It looks cool, the guy wants me to get a picture of cat in tree to him tonight on email so he can see what kind of equipment he needs to bring. Interesting, look it up, the site is pretty cool. He said he has cats and he likes to climb, so it was a natural fit as a hobby. We will keep our fingers crossed critter hangs in there until then or comes to the door tonight for us to let him in!

Gary is out of tree.
ya.gif
Very cool organization www.catinatreerescue.com. Mr. Hook who volunteers in the Columbus, Ohio area drove here, rigged up some really cool climbing equipment and brought Gary safely out of the tree. He was very nice to boot, I gave him a dozen fresh eggs in addition to the donation we gave him. He was excited about the eggs, his wife wants chickens, I told him I could help set her up with some laying hens any time he wanted! I am trying to convert people to the chicken world. Said some family had silkies, so not a hard conversion!
D.gif

Gary is eating drinking and now sleeping, poor cat. At least it wasn't as hot this week but in tree since Tuesday night. Now if he does that again, . . . Well, lets hope he is smarter than that. Everyone keep fingers crossed the rescuer doesn't get poison ivy. I really don't think the cat would have come down. You should have heard the pitiful mewling coming from him this morning when I let dogs out, pathetic. I think he used up a couple of the 9 lives!
wee.gif

84545_summer_2011_013.jpg

84545_summer_2011_018.jpg

Last edited:
That was the same group that got Mini out of the tree for me. It didn't go quite smoothly though. Mini wouldn't cooperate and ended up taking a 40 ft dive. I think she bounced off of about 15 branches on the way down. She ended up not being hurt, but moved in slo mo for about a week.
She went up another tree a few months later, at night. I was so irritated that I saidf "Just live up there then" and went inside to bed. Within 2 minutes she was on the deck howling to get in.
lol.png

Imp

Back
Top Bottom