Cat sneezing

boobug

In the Brooder
7 Years
Jul 23, 2012
Skittles one of our cats, who is around 2 years old, was sneezing a little last night. We are a little worried about him. I read somewhere that it could be allergies. Does anyone have any ideas about what it could be? Thanks

Jesus loves you

There are a lot of things that *could* be happening- some nothing to worry about and others that require worry. Sneezing is just one piece of the puzzle - those other pieces are what take you from worry to not-worry. You say he was sneezing last night - how is he today? Give him a once-over, how is his condition other wise - eyes, ears, mouth, gum color, coat condition, respiration, water/food intake, waste output.........these are a few of the things to consider along with any one other symptom (ie the sneezing).

Ask your vet, but it could possibly be the Feline Herpes Virus (FHV). Most cats have it to some degree; this is sometimes considered the cause of watery eyes, sneezing, or snotty noses. Lysine is great to clear that up. If you feed wet food, lysine powder is good; if you feed dry, look for lysine gel and feed it separately. I can't find it locally anymore, but you can still get both on Amazon.

It could be an upper respiratory infection. I would just watch it for now. If he gets watery eyes and becomes snotty, probably best to get him to the vet for some antibiotics.

We took him to the vet, and he has a head cold.
They told us what to do, so he's okay.
Thanks for all the replies.

Back
Top Bottom