Cat wants a lot of attention

3 questions I have for you...
1) is he an inside cat
2) how old is he
and
3) is he desexed?

I may have a solution for you depending on these answers

Most people agree that a cat needs time outside? Really? If my cat was allowed outside he would most likely end up flattened on the road or eaten by a coyote.
My cat did kill 3 mice though... We have foxes her in the suburbs of NY but the foxes are scared of cats lol.

3 questions I have for you...
1) is he an inside cat
2) how old is he
and
3) is he desexed?

I may have a solution for you depending on these answers
Here's the answers for your 3 questions
1) He is but in the spring and summer I let him out for an hour or 2
2) He is 6 and turning 7 in July
3) Yes, he is neutered

My cat did kill 3 mice though... We have foxes her in the suburbs of NY but the foxes are scared of cats lol.
Indoor or not, my cat is quite a mouser. I don't know what is worse, the mice or his efforts to catch them. He has access to a large screened porch. Sometimes mice get on the porch and he catches them and brings them live into the house where he turns them loose. If this happens at night no one gets any sleep with all the crashing and banging of his mouse hunt until he eventually catches it. One morning I got up to find all the books on the bottom shelf of the hall bookcase had been pulled out and were on the floor. Guess the mouse took refuge in the bookcase.

I meant, if he got killed.
If he's doing ok indoors then I don't really know what to suggest sorry.
I may have misunderstood your post. I thought you meant "poor thing" because he doesn't get to go outside. He is a Ragdoll cat and Ragdolls have a notoriously poor sense of self preservation. He does have access to a large screened porch though. He can sit out there, nap in the sun, and watch birds and butterflies. There is a pet door and he can go in and out as he pleases.

Back
Top Bottom