cat with tapeworm AGAIN... what to do now...

Dar

Crowing
11 Years
Jul 31, 2008
I have 3 cats and 2 of the 3 have tapeworm AGAIN
he.gif

I have used the OTC tapeworm meds with great success but I am always worming them... they get them from eating the mice and the chipmunks... I cant stop them .. if i block them from going outside you would swear i was killing them with all the howling that goes on.. (yes they are spayed and neutered)

Is there an injection that has a lasting effect?

I will call my vet in the morning but I thought I would ask here and see the response to see if its even worth it... (the vet cost that is.. )

Good luck mine got it all the time I was constantly taking her to the vet and paying the fees. Then I found OTC tapeworm meds at Petsmart that worked really well. I had to worm her about 2x a month every month or so until about a year ago when she turned 15 and slowed down a little on the eating of the kill. I do not believe there isn't any lasting meds that work.

Last edited:
They get tapeworms from eating any fleas on them too.. (like when they clean themselves..)
So thats why they keep getting them...
Its a real PIA..
hmm.png

Called the vet today and he said he can give him a shot that will last about 6 months to control roundworm and tape worm... the shot costs $25 SOLD!
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom