cat with tapeworm AGAIN... what to do now...

Dar

Crowing
11 Years
Jul 31, 2008
I have 3 cats and 2 of the 3 have tapeworm AGAIN

I have used the OTC tapeworm meds with great success but I am always worming them... they get them from eating the mice and the chipmunks... I cant stop them .. if i block them from going outside you would swear i was killing them with all the howling that goes on.. (yes they are spayed and neutered)

Is there an injection that has a lasting effect?

I will call my vet in the morning but I thought I would ask here and see the response to see if its even worth it... (the vet cost that is.. )

tonini3059

[IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG]Luv
11 Years
Nov 6, 2008
Southwestern PA
Good luck mine got it all the time I was constantly taking her to the vet and paying the fees. Then I found OTC tapeworm meds at Petsmart that worked really well. I had to worm her about 2x a month every month or so until about a year ago when she turned 15 and slowed down a little on the eating of the kill. I do not believe there isn't any lasting meds that work.

Last edited:

redhen

Kiss My Grits...
Premium Feather Member
11 Years
May 19, 2008
Western MA
They get tapeworms from eating any fleas on them too.. (like when they clean themselves..)
So thats why they keep getting them...
Its a real PIA..

Dar

Crowing
11 Years
Jul 31, 2008
Called the vet today and he said he can give him a shot that will last about 6 months to control roundworm and tape worm... the shot costs $25 SOLD!

Top Bottom