Category/Topic Suggestion

Discussion in 'BYC Website & Forum Feedback & Announcements' started by amyquilt, Jun 15, 2008.

1. amyquilt

amyquilt Serama Mama

May 17, 2008
    Amarillo, TX
    In going through the Me, My Chickens, My Family section, I've found threads for quilting, crochet, etc.

I'm wondering if BYC Mods would be interested in creating a whole topic category for crafts/hobbies? With subcategories: quilting, crochet, knitting, scrapbooking, etc. Maybe instead of crochet and knitting separate, make it Fiber arts??

Just a thought...

2. Reinbeau

Reinbeau The Teapot Underground Premium Member

Just crafts or hobbies should be enough. You really don't want to start breaking down into many little subforums, it's the devil to manage them all.

3. amyquilt

amyquilt Serama Mama

May 17, 2008
    Amarillo, TX
    Any thoughts on this from Admin or anyone else??

4. DuckLady

DuckLady Administrator Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    The thing with making so many forums and catagories, it starts veering away from chickens, which is the main focus of BYC.
    Not saying I disagree with you though. [​IMG]

Nifty is the one making that call, so hopefully he will see this and respond.

5. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

Thanks for the suggestions. We just made some MAJOR changes / improvements to the BST section and the next area we're going to tackle is "Me, Family, Chickens". Not an easy task, but we're working on it and there will be a section where hobbies, etc. will be a better fit than the generality of what we currently have.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by