'C'ats 'A're 'T'ruly 'S'pecial

First,this is Layla and her last litter of 5. They're all awaiting adoption at the shelter. Will send pictures of the new litter as soon as possible.

Now here is our newest addition,Gracie Anne. She is tiny tiny. She will be going to see our vet soon. She'll be tested for FLV/FELV. If negative,she'll get her first round of vaccines,de wormed and an exam. (At 8 weeks). She'll get her next vaccine at 12 weeks. And spayed at 6 months. Please pray with me that she's healthy. She's had diarrhea. Other than that,she's great.

Thanks y'all for being patient. And for all of the sound advice.
1f618.png

The last picture looks like my cat, Daphodile (RIP). I guess I will share her story. She was always sick, and we were constantly taking her to the vet. When she was 4, I woke up at 2 am, and she wasn't doing well. I took her to the emergency animal hospital. She was obviously in pain. She had this horrible infection, and I decided to put her to sleep. Even though this happened a while ago, I still don't know if I did the right thing. I miss her so much. :(

The last picture looks like my cat, Daphodile (RIP). I guess I will share her story. She was always sick, and we were constantly taking her to the vet. When she was 4, I woke up at 2 am, and she wasn't doing well. I took her to the emergency animal hospital. She was obviously in pain. She had this horrible infection, and I decided to put her to sleep. Even though this happened a while ago, I still don't know if I did the right thing. I miss her so much.
sad.png

I'm so sorry to hear that. Having an animal that is suffering is always so difficult because we are in charge of them. Just remember, you did everything you could, you gave her a wonderful life. We two cats to the road and you always want to think how you could have just put them in the house that night, or just called them in a little sooner that morning. These things happen, and though we miss them so much, we can know that we loved them and they loved us.

First,this is Layla and her last litter of 5. They're all awaiting adoption at the shelter. Will send pictures of the new litter as soon as possible.

Now here is our newest addition,Gracie Anne. She is tiny tiny. She will be going to see our vet soon. She'll be tested for FLV/FELV. If negative,she'll get her first round of vaccines,de wormed and an exam. (At 8 weeks). She'll get her next vaccine at 12 weeks. And spayed at 6 months. Please pray with me that she's healthy. She's had diarrhea. Other than that,she's great.

Thanks y'all for being patient. And for all of the sound advice.
1f618.png

The last picture looks like my cat, Daphodile (RIP). I guess I will share her story. She was always sick, and we were constantly taking her to the vet. When she was 4, I woke up at 2 am, and she wasn't doing well. I took her to the emergency animal hospital. She was obviously in pain. She had this horrible infection, and I decided to put her to sleep. Even though this happened a while ago, I still don't know if I did the right thing. I miss her so much. :(

Oh sweetheart....that's heartbreaking. Don't you dare second guess yourself! That is only Satan whispering lies in your ear to discourage you!!!! Like Gitabooks stated,we are their voice. They cannot fight for themselves let alone go to the dr. You said she was "always "sick...darling you did the right,conscious and very selfless thing. You put her health and her best interests above your own wants. She is no longer suffering but in heaven in her new,glorious body! Having the x of her life with my beloved babies and everyone else's here!!! Oh my dear,do not fret. Find peace in the Lord. And in knowing you DID the very bestes for her as her mother. God entrusts us with His creations....you are very trustworthy.
2764.png

Love,Glory

Ps...assuming you're female. (By saying "mother".)
1f618.png

Last edited:
:hugs Thanks for making me feel better! She had so many allergies, and I felt so bad for her. It was always hard because she was very antisocial until her last few days. I now have another cat, Cassy. Whenever I leave for a vacation or something, I scratch behind her ears and tell her I love her (it actually seems like she understands that) because I know how easy it is for something to happen. As I am typing this, she is meowing at me, most likely asking for treats. It is hard when cats get sick, because unless it is a serious issue, they are so good at hiding it. I am the only cat person in my town. When I had to put Daphodile to sleep, people told me to get over it, she was'just a cat'. Is it just me, or does it seem like decisions are harder with animals?

hugs.gif
Thanks for making me feel better! She had so many allergies, and I felt so bad for her. It was always hard because she was very antisocial until her last few days. I now have another cat, Cassy. Whenever I leave for a vacation or something, I scratch behind her ears and tell her I love her (it actually seems like she understands that) because I know how easy it is for something to happen. As I am typing this, she is meowing at me, most likely asking for treats. It is hard when cats get sick, because unless it is a serious issue, they are so good at hiding it. I am the only cat person in my town. When I had to put Daphodile to sleep, people told me to get over it, she was'just a cat'. Is it just me, or does it seem like decisions are harder with animals?

No cat is "just a cat". I still feel sad about the cats we've lost even though it has been years. I even feel sad about the kittens we lost during birth. We never got to know them, but they still had so much potential in their life, a personality of their own to figure out. You gave Daphodile a chance to live that life in a wonderful home, and I'm sure Cassy is loving her house too.
smile.png

Cassy is a rescue. She was found wandering outside on the streets, declawed. Some indoor only cats want to go outside, but Cassy ignores it. She is 7, and I got her when she was 5. I can only imagine her past. Right now she is sitting on my lap, purring. There is only one thing she hates: the vet. I doubt her previous owners took the time to make sure she was declawed so that it would not be painful. Cassy has some medical issues, and I am pretty sure that is why she was abandoned. I remember the first time I gave her a treat.She was purring louder than I thought possible. I love her, even though I have stepped in a hairball at 3 am.

I always love to know I'm helping a cat out, and to see their appreciation. We have a stray tom named Pi that comes around from time to time who was hit by a car. He is blind in one eye, deaf in one ear, and lame in one leg, but he still manages to get around well. I always like to know I'm giving him food and a warm place to rest.
Cassy is lucky to have you.

Chickenraiser24
I just wanted to chime in and say Hi but also to let you know that I'm crying right now reading your posts about your kitties but especially about your Cassy because this last summer I lost a very very special kitty named Cassie(originally spelled Cassy) who was a 15 year old domestic shorthair patchwork calico. She had cancer and we no sooner found out than three days later her body began to shut down and we had to make the decision to end her suffering. I still wake up reaching for her thinking it's a nightmare when I relive having to make that choice in my head at night. It's something I'm trying hard to let go of. In truth I know I made the right decision the only fair decision for her and it was so very very peaceful, but I think those of us who truly love cats(or whatever the animal may be) always wonder if we could have done more. I know that with time I won't feel the pain as often but I know I'll never forget her. She was mine from just a few weeks old when we chose her and her sister. She'll always be mine and I'll always Cassie be hers, but the greatest thing about my Cassie was how full of love she was and I know for a fact that she would not want me to be sad. That was always her mission when I was crying to purr in my arms.

Two weeks before Cassie went to sleep in my arms for the last time I received an orphaned day old kitten to raise after my DH2B's father had a horrible accident with a barn cat and her litter. They wanted the kitten back, but eventually backed out, and I kept her. My little Luna is not so little any more. She's a mischievous six month old and is quite a sassy thing, but she got to meet Cassie a couple of times before Cassie was diagnosed and to this day she has some Cassie like traits. She's not Cassie. she'll never be Cassie, but she doesn't need to be. All she needs to be is something I love that loves me and be her own kitty. She has helped me heal a lot, believe it or not. She was a reminder as a two week old helpless kitten that Cassie wouldn't want me to mourn by closing off my heart(impossible since we have four other house cats-pre Luna, and 3 dogs and now a bunny) Cassie would have wanted me to spread the love she gave me. I am happy to see that you decided to spread that love too. :)

I am so sorry to hear about Cassie. With animals, there are tough decisions. My Cassy has a very sensitive stomach due to medical issues. I give her medicine daily (she loves the pill pockets) but her stomach problem cannot be cured. I had a long discussion with my vet, and she said that the medicine has some not so great side-effects. One is diabetes, but we monitor her weight closely. Another is that there is a chance it will shorten her life a year. I decided that it was better to have a very comfortable, but shorter life, than to have her suffering daily. Anyways, with her being declawed,I can't get her to play for more than a few seconds. She gets frustrated because she cannot grab the toy. I have tried everything to get her to play. Any ideas?

Hmmm well several of our cats were declawed(only in the front) when the wool was pulled over our eyes and we didn't know the damage and pain this causes them. It was also the only way we could bring them with us when we first moved in with my grandparents via Grandma's orders. I hate it I will never do it again unless necessary is the cat has cancer in its feet etc. (I've seen the cancer in the feet thing that's why I mention it.) We have gotten three of our kitties since knowing about declawing and have taught them to scratch only appropriate things and I clip their nails as needed. They are wonderful and don't destroy anything. As far as getting your Cassy to play, my kitties love laser pointers, of course just be careful don't whine it in her face. I play a game with my kitties where when they pounce on it or try to pin it I let the light go out but if they get up or move their foot the light is still there. Lol also although some kitties will try to eat it you can try a ball of tin foil they love the crinkle, interactive toys like feathers attached to elastic on a pole are wonderful but put them out of reach when not playing with them, so kitty doesn't get tangled or pull out all the feathers. The important thing is letting her catch it if she pounces on the feather toy wiggle it gently making it seem to struggle feebly. I have two kitties who love balls most of all and especially the ones that almost look covered in tinsel, as they play fetch like dogs. However be careful with anything tinsel-like as I'm sure you know tinsel and ribbons can be deadly these balls are okay so long as the kitty doesn't chew the glitter off and eat it. Eventually the ball will get old and need to be replaced as the tinsel will fall off.

Try some fresh cat nip or some dried but really it boils down to each individual cat's likes and dislikes as well as their energy level. Your Cassy may be a little slower now I know my girl slowed down as she got older.

Hope this helps.

Back
Top Bottom