'C'ats 'A're 'T'ruly 'S'pecial

Hey BYC folks!!! Just a few gals here who have an unconditional love and an indescribable passion for our cats!!! Our children. If any of you are just as cat crazy as us,we'd love to have you join! Let's all be feline freaks together and brag on our lil lover dovers! Hope to see some interesting stories soon!! Fun,laughter,those lil ways they anger us and with the flick of the tail,and a sweet meow they draw us back in and in love we fall,all over again. Even the sad and painful time when we've dealt with sickness and tragedy. It's all welcome here. God bless!!!

Well we got Luna two weeks before my 15 year old cat Cassie was diagnosed with cancer and had to be put down. It was really rough. DH2B's Dad wanted her and planned on her in the house but his girlfriend "layed down the law" in his house. Ugh I could smacked him BC he was head over heals for that kitten. Luna is great. I'll have to try to sneak a picture of her tomorrow assuming she holds still long enough. We call her Houdini. I think she's about 14 weeks smart as a whip. And learning manners but she's a kitten and there are lots of rules to learn. Where and what to scratch. What to play with. That no matter how wound up we are when Mommy picks us up its time to stop. No getting on counters. No biting. Claws are not for bear-hugging Mommy's leg. Etc just normal things. She is spotted not striped and is very sweet when she wants to be. And she has already learned how to ask to get up when she wants something (like in the bathroom sink for a drink spoiled babies I know) a big improvement from jumping halfway up my shin and dragging her claws down.

Uh oh, I couldn't help but share more pictures.
big_smile.png

Nym playing with our dog, Arby's, tail

Genny after she got her tail amputated. She was hit by a car, I heard her scream and went outside but didn't see any cat. Later I found her hiding and bleeding on the porch, her tail completely stripped of all flesh and just a bone. So creepy!!
She waited in a crate over-night and got it amputated in the morning. At first she didn't know how to balance, but she has learned how to deal with it really well.

The last picture looks like my cat, Daphodile (RIP). I guess I will share her story. She was always sick, and we were constantly taking her to the vet. When she was 4, I woke up at 2 am, and she wasn't doing well. I took her to the emergency animal hospital. She was obviously in pain. She had this horrible infection, and I decided to put her to sleep. Even though this happened a while ago, I still don't know if I did the right thing. I miss her so much.
sad.png

I'm so sorry to hear that. Having an animal that is suffering is always so difficult because we are in charge of them. Just remember, you did everything you could, you gave her a wonderful life. We two cats to the road and you always want to think how you could have just put them in the house that night, or just called them in a little sooner that morning. These things happen, and though we miss them so much, we can know that we loved them and they loved us.

Thanks! I did not declaw Cassy, her previous owners did. I am against declawing unless there is a reason, but I try not to upset anyone because of that. I tried catnip, and she was hopping around like a little kitten! Thanks for the advice! :clap

Finally got a picture of miss gracie. Very petite real lady, fereral kitten from back yard that dogs got. Her eyes weren't open and she was about frozen, I kept her in my pocket till she warmed up, then she was bottle fed. Lives in my bedroom gets very mad when other cat touches me, she will bite and scratch at me. I have a couple outside cats, lived in house for years, went out every day. One day they wouldn't come back in. They sit at front door every morning waiting for food. I had a bunch more that also went out.Some neighbors trapped all them one night.

I like your silkie

She is so graceful looking.
smile.png
We had a newborn kitten that was nearly frozen. We tucked it under our shirt until it warmed up and he made a full recovery.

Thanks. She was our first silkie (her and her brother). Her name was Ginger and she was an excellent mother.

I did have 8 rescue chihuahuahs, 4 or more have died were 15 yrs old at least. Have 3 left one with no teeth and a new dog that ate my sofa, shoes, phone book. About 20 years ago I had a grand mall seizure. My dogs sat on me and barked till some one came and called an ambulance. Some of my friends have tried to get my kids to get rid of my cats while I was in hospital, my son said dad would shoot you. Never thought that while I was in hospital I would miss my cats and dogs more than my kids.
I agree, they are always happy to see you. I just hope I live long enough to take care of my cats. Most of them hide from other people, get in cabinet, I don't want something to happen to them when I'm gone.

That is so wonderful that your dog was willing to stay with you. I always feel better at night knowing I have a dog in my room, in case something should happen and I need help.

Here is Tiger and Scardy with Ginger and her brother Fred, the two silkies. We got them from the same farm and they all got along. Now the chickens tend to chase the poor cats, who never hurt them or stalk them.

We were having a discussion on the August Hatch-a-long about whether or not the kitten in the photo was a bengal or not. I study cat breeds and I learned that in many areas, unresponsible bengal breeders will release cats that don't look enough like a bengal, which will introduce their genetics into the feral population. Sometimes I'm convinced our feral orphan kitten is part bengal, because he's big and he doesn't act like the other cats. He is so silly!
smile.png
His name is Nym and he almost never wants to be petted or touched, but other times he begs to be cuddled. That's a cat for you. Lol.

Touching on another subjects we were talking about.
There are three types of tabbies: Mackerel (striped), Spotted and Classic (swirled)

Here is a classic tabby, a stray named Mesa

Cats are awesome!!!

Back
Top Bottom