CATS!!!!!GRRRRRRRR....

Most cats tend to be fastidus and clean , I think I spelled it wrong but anyways. Usually if a cat that knows where its litter box is goes outside of it there is a reason and you should investagate it. Maybe its dirty or maybe the cat has a physicall reason , cats that are in pain when they use the litter box will often refuse to go there again as they associate it with pain , ect ect ect there are lots of reasons , I am not saying any of them I listed is what is wrong just hopeing that you will please look into it maybe he is ill?

23413_060809_201700.jpg

This wonderfull kitty left me sevral messes over quite a few weeks befor I realized it was vomit and not poop , it looked like poop, and took him to the vet who looked at me like I was stupid and gave him a laxtive type stuff he was blocked up from all his spring shedding as he is a long haired cat , ok I probly should have known this but it was one of those things that was so obvious I missed it ...

Good luck with youre kitty

Last edited:
Quote:
Thanks, I'll look into it!
I use Natures Miracle now and I have been for years with various animals and love the stuff, I always have a gallon of it in the house.
The spraying is killing me more than the poo accident but I'm bringing in to the vet tomorrow for a check-up.
If there is nothing wrong with him I think he needs to go outside and be a barn cat, I've only had one other male cat that was nuetered and still sprayed and I cannot go back to my home, clothes, kids toys, everything smelling like that.
barnie.gif

Our Larry cat had this issue. He would poop on the carpet NEXT to one of (the many) litter boxes. We did the vet thing, everything we could think of. We were at our wit's end when someone asked about the TYPE of litter we used. I had switched the litter.
Apparently our "special needs" cat could ONLY poop/pee in a certain BRAND of litter! Since we've gone back to that litter...not a SINGLE problem since. Could be something to try?
Also sometimes them pooping out of the box right in front of you is also an attention, dominance issue. When a couple of our cats were trying to 'claim' a region/room of the house...they'd poop in the middle of the floor.
Our biggest offender has since moved outside (no real intro...she didn't want to come back in after her 'trial run') and has been LOVING life!!! She still stays pretty close to the house, we have a collar on her with tags and a bell (to give the birds a flighting chance!) and keep her with fresh water and food. She has rewarded us by putting a dent in the local mouse population and guarding my veggies from rabbits!
Either way, good luck! It can be very frustrating to deal with this. Especially that male cat pee smell!!! PHEW!!!

Back
Top Bottom