Cats Vs Chicks = harmful?

Thanks, blaze jester. i think i probably have an old dog kennel around here somewhere, we have had various dogs.

We have two cats and neither one messes with the baby chicks or the grown chickens.
idunno.gif
Our Tawnta kitty's prone to hang with the flock almost all day, every day, and prefers to sleep in the coop at night! Tawnta's even prone to sleeping in the nests with eggs in them when I have a broody who needs to go stretch her legs and get food and water. LOL Our two roosters don't appear to view either cat a threat to their harem and ignore them when they're in the vicinity or in the coop.

However, both of our cats will catch wild birds and small rodents to eat...

Tawnta kitty snapping a nap in a nest (in which there are 3 eggs!)
DSC_0050_2.jpg

YES! my cat is the laziest cat ever! But I found out this past week, she knows how to kill a chick! Sooo sad!!

And no I didn't know he could get to them, just a fluke thing.

I have 4 older cats, 13, 12, 9 and 5, they have absolutely no interest in the baby chicks, actually, they will lay there and let them crawl, climb or otherwise annoy the cats, and they do nothing. Our new kitten (the heathen) would like nothing more than to have some chicken for a snack, I swear I've seen her eyeballing the brooder and I know shes saying "I want some chicken nuggets!!"

This is the heathen (AKA Sunday)

7354_dsc00856.jpg

PS: We call her names, roll our eyes, and yell at her, but I wouldn't change her for anything, she has the most personality I've ever seen in a cat!

my cats dont harm my chick but..i will say cats are unpredictable. mine have never ever harmed a chick. but anything can trigger the cats natural insticts. soo i always monater my cats when my chicks are out.

one of my four cats with one of my four chicks lol
103601_dscn3468.jpg

103601_dscn3469.jpg

Back
Top Bottom