Cattle Panel Question

I know, right?!
Flurry of activity getting things set up and in balance, then you just wait.
Candling days are funner.
Hatching day is best!
I've had a peek and have growers for sure, but figure about 8 days before I eliminate any. Think that's about right?

I've had a peek and have growers for sure, but figure about 8 days before I eliminate any. Think that's about right?
Not sure what day you're on.
I usually don't pull 'bad' eggs until day 14 or 18....unless you find a stinker.
But I usually only candle on day 10 and 18 any more, used to do 7-10-14-18.
Mine are so dark I can't see into half of them very well, can see veins early on but after that<shrugs>.
Did pull 3 clears from under broody on day 10...only candle those once.

Today I shoveled the snow out of the building area. That was meh, got a bit dizzy but finished up. The pine chips I spread there are all melted free of snow and I'm ready to begin. I've settled on 12x16.

Tomorrow I'll do layout, it could take some time to get things square. Potentially I'll dig post holes. I only need 4 I think, 3 down the long side ground level that I'll attach 2x8 planks(pending a barn loft lumber raid) to, which is where the low side of the cattle panels will be anchored.

I plan to do a dry pack dirt cement blend in the post holes. Anyone able to comment if that'll be ok in winter weather? 30s to 40s this week.

Back
Top Bottom