Cattleman/Chickenman New Here

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by mytfarms, Mar 3, 2017.

1. mytfarms

mytfarms New Egg

Mar 3, 2017
    Eastern Colorado
    Hello BYC,

MYTFARMS from Colorado checking in here. Found some awesome threads on Google helping me with ramping up my egg production. Looks like a very knowledgeable community in here, I am eager to learn.

I also run a market garden and a Registered Angus cowherd, more at home on Ranchers.net, but looking to expand my mind with new learnin' here!

2. chickenweirdo1

chickenweirdo1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2016
    Massachusetts
    My Coop
    [​IMG]Great to have another poultry lover!

3. mytfarms

mytfarms New Egg

Mar 3, 2017
    Eastern Colorado
    Thank you! Could you point me in the direction of any posts regarding how to free range chickens but keep them protected? Wanting to use a "chicken tractor" design of some sort or a temporary pen so they can help me clean up and sanitize cattle corrals.

4. chickenweirdo1

chickenweirdo1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2016
    Massachusetts
    My Coop
    Sorry i don't know how to put up a link but i would go to deciding to free range your flock.

5. N F C

N F C Home in WY Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

You can ask questions about building your tractor here:
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/9/coop-run-design-construction-maintenance

You can find ideas for tractors and read how other members built them here:
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/2/Coops

And of course, there is always the Search function on every screen in the upper left corner right under the BYC logo.

Best of luck to you and if you want to share your Angus herd, check out BackyardHerds.com, it's a sister site to BYC (you can find a link for it at the bottom of the screen in the brown portion.

1 person likes this.
  6. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, mytfarms, and [​IMG]! Great to have you in our community! Good links form NFC. Best wishes and thanks for joining BYC!

7. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under mytfarms [​IMG] Welcome!

As you have already received some good advice and links, I will just wish you all the best.

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. Unlike non chicken loving friends, family and colleagues, BYC’ers never tire of stories or pictures that feature our feathered and non feathered friends [​IMG]

8. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG]

9. Ol Grey Mare

Ol Grey Mare One egg shy of a full carton. ..... Premium Member

Mar 9, 2014
    Oregon
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC - so glad you've joined us!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by