Caught on camera

Boy, it sure looks different at night. I can't tell what the critter is. Anyway, nice coop. I see you have a nesting box sticking out the back. How do you access the eggs, lift the roof or sliding door?

The top of the nest box lifts up. There is a padlock type latch to secure the box. The chicks are still too young for eggs but I hope this set up works OK. As for the next step, there are way too many fox in the neighborhood to trap. There are many neighbors that feed them also so they are here to stay. I think I may have to put an electric fence around the bottom and top of the coop/run.

Quote:
I just bought the same thing, haven't set it up yet. i plan to use for Thieves -- Our boat dock and boat got ransacked last week, stole all kinds of things -- sheriff said the best thing to do was put this camera up -- third time this year someone has been on our boat and dock without and invite.

ETA: oops sorry if i hi jacked -- great that your coop is so predator proof that is one big fox and he is so bold to be out right after you were there.

Last edited:
Did your Husband buy that for the coop, or was he just trying it out? Either way its a really good idea, now you can be proactive about keeping your coop safe. Electric wire is the way I would go too, but maybe your husband should get a camera that does video first, I would like to see what that fox does when he gets his first jolt.

Electric fence sounds like a good idea here.

herefordlovinglady , hopefully, when the flash goes off, the thieves don't find your game cam and steal it too!

Holy Cow!
ep.gif
I agree. An electric fence sounds like a great idea.

Quote:
I sure don't envy you. We've got varmints but not like that. I've been thinking about adding a nesting box like that so I can expand my roost.

Quote:
Where in the world do you live that people feed the foxes? Haven't they heard of rabies?

(In most western states it is illegal to feed wildlife because it causes real problems - everything from mugger deer that attack people when they want to be fed to raccoons, bears, Old Pointy, and foxes that invade homes, not to mention rabid skunks, raccoons, and foxes loitering in the driveway along with a plethora of rats and feral cats. Of course, we still have people who feed the wildlife because they really don't believe it causes problems; unfortunately the broomtails are now in danger of being captured and removed not far from our Nevada house because people fed them and then discovered that a small band of horses waiting for hay that doesn't arrive can eliminate all the rose bushes in a neighborhood in one afternoon.)

Back
Top Bottom